Default Sprained Knee :P

Uck. I hate rarely frequently these boards, I need to stop by more often >_>

OK, long story short I've been exercising again and lost 16lbs by doing the Couch-to-10K program, which is an interval training jogging exercise program. The most difficult day that I've done so far - day 8.1 of the program - consisted of (Jog 5 minutes + Walk 1 minute)x10 times.

I completed that day about 7 days ago. 3 days ago, I mildly sprained my knee on the last stretch of day 8.3 of the program. And I cannot jog for the next month, due to my fear of causing more damage to my knees.

So, I can swim because I know that is low-impact and good for rehabilitiating the knees. However, I'm not sure the best way of maintaining the stamina I've built up so far. Up until now, I had no problem jogging/walking 6 miles in about 70 minutes. And I don't want to let this go to waste within the next 4 weeks, or regress too far back.

Any suggestions PSOW'ers?

EDIT: I only know how to to do the crawl and backstroke.
    Last edited by anwserman; Nov 4, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

My physiotherapy has me run on a treadmill in a pool. If you're going to swim you probably just want to do laps with a backstroke, or any stroke where most of the propulsion comes from your legs. Even treading water would probably help.

Knee problems suck. I have scarred cartilage in both me knee joints; it feels like they're coated with sandpaper. I just run through it, but with a sprain it's probably best to just stay off it for a few days and then work your way back to where you were.

Congratulations on the weight already lost, too.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Hopefully you don't start from step 1 and only stepping down from where you were at just a bit, backstep, should get you back there when you can.

Lest you just, "shake weight." Seen it for the men too.