Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Default Ponder this...Part deux

Yes. More rambling from me. You don't mind, do you? Of course not, or else you wouldn't be looking at this post. But if you are...All I have to say to you is "wat". Anyways, I remembered that, over the course of the normal story mode, the NPCs had some special dialog (some chat bubble over their head indicated this). Well, one of these particular conversations, happening between Chelsea and Emilia, has something kind of like this happening:

*Chelsea offers an energy drink to Emilia*
    Emilia: "Huh? What's that thing?"
    Chelsea (add in the french accent): "It's an energy drink. If you don't want it, I'll take it."
    *Dialog goes on...*

Sooo...in PSP2's reality, CASTs can consume beverages and other food stuffs? Weren't they made of mechanical parts or something and didn't require that kind of sustenance or am I missing something again? Don't tell me that in Japan it is common knowledge that robots consume energy drinks >.>...

What, didn't you know that Mates and Stars and such are just cheese burgers and fries?

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
    What, didn't you know that Mates and Stars and such are just cheese burgers and fries?
    Well, I omitted restorative items and the fact that Mika refers to reconstructing your body as "repairing flesh" for a "game mechanics" reason. Huh. Well I guess that makes Sol atomizers a combination Advils, tylenols and 256 other meds, while Shiftarides and Debanrides are coke and meth respectively.
    Last edited by Broken_L_button; Nov 4, 2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typos...

Casts are manufactured in a humanlike way. It is possible this is how they fuel themselves, as we have seen evidence that they can reason, think on an individual level, feel emotions, and more abstract thoughts. It is possible their mechanical system is incredibly similar to that of a human's. They are never shown as needing power cells, or the like, so this may be probable.

or maybe it's a game and you can let it flow over you that SEGA wants relatable characters

EDIT :
    900th Non-FKL post took six and a half years woooooo

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    Casts are manufactured in a humanlike way. It is possible this is how they fuel themselves, as we have seen evidence that they can reason, think on an individual level, feel emotions, and more abstract thoughts. It is possible their mechanical system is incredibly similar to that of a human's. They are never shown as needing power cells, or the like, so this may be probable.

or maybe it's a game and you can let it flow over you that SEGA wants relatable characters

EDIT :
    900th Non-FKL post took six and a half years woooooo
    Hmmm...I guess I'm too used to PSO's androids then. Good point though; with such similarity to humans, I guess it would only be natural that Casts be able to consume foods like they can. And no...I can't let it flow like that; I NEED mah random rambling :3

Understandable, but SEGA is filling this serious with so much uneeded story and BS connecting that it doesn't make any sense. As far as I care, Coral and Ragol have absolutely no connection to the Gurhal System.

Remember, they explicitly state that Newmans, Beasts, and Casts were created by humans strictly for those planets and purposes so they are totally different from how PSO worked.

"Android" is the better word for PSO-Casts, and I would describe PSU-Casts as being more human-like

I blame all the series washing and taping they did just for all the new, ignorant idiot population that they know would hop on board for PSU

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Sooo...in PSP2's reality, CASTs can consume beverages and other food stuffs? Weren't they made of mechanical parts or something and didn't require that kind of sustenance or am I missing something again? Don't tell me that in Japan it is common knowledge that robots consume energy drinks >.>...
    In my opinion, I always viewed CASTS like Cylons from Battlestar Galactica, EVA Units from the Evangelion anime or if you want to get more obscure, the Conjoiner race from Alastair Reynolds Sci-Fi books.

One can assume that they've changed alot since they were invented as servants, I see Cylons as the best example, they need to eat etc, but they're silicon based and can interface with computers etc..

So anyway, without anymore rambling from me, I always saw CASTS as complex bio-tech with nano-machines and stuff rather than mechanical parts!
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

thank you least someone agrees with me on the same topic bout casts almost being like cylons from battlestar galactica but ya i never really thought casts as just robots there like humans too except differint
    Cody Porter

I agree with a lot of the responses.

I don't think Casts are just typical, mechanical robots like people like to think.

The Guhral system is at a point in their technology where subspace travel is a possibility. This tells you a lot of what they are capable of.

The humans have created several artificial lifeforms based on themselves. I would think Casts, probably being the first "species" based off them, would be one of the most advanced.
    » PSOW IRC'rs group! «
    Events, screenshots, and chocolate-coated presents inside!

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

woah woah i would`nt call myself advanced being the cast that i am its more a less of wanting to be more like the humans where at my standpoint i try to aim for one goal lvl 200 and get the most powerfullest weapons in the game the top elite of the best and become what u would call a god.....

Last edited by Chaos the harbinger; Nov 5, 2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: leader of the crimson knight order
    Cody Porter