Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Friend of mine found this. It pretty much looks like an enhanced MW2. I think Tomahawks can bounce around more or just fly straight, unlike the throwing knife. A lot of those were just random tosses in the sky and hit someone, lol. I doubt he actually knew where they were.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I really like the commercial, but I certainly won't be getting the game. WaW was a tragedy. Infinite enemy spawns are a developer's way of saying "we aren't good enough to come up with a creative way to challenge you, so were just going to throw a whole f*cking platoon down your throat." There appears to be zero creativity as well. It's just another blockbuster movie turned FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I really like the commercial, but I certainly won't be getting the game. WaW was a tragedy. Infinite enemy spawns are a developer's way of saying "we aren't good enough to come up with a creative way to challenge you, so were just going to throw a whole f*cking platoon down your throat." There appears to be zero creativity as well. It's just another blockbuster movie turned FPS.

This but also the fact was I personally wasn't really impressed with MW2 so after that game and was disappointed considering how much of an amazing job they did with CoD4. I then realized that IW hit their high mark with CoD 4 and they would not be able to surpass that. Treyarch spins on the CoD games have never been interesting or even remotely creative. What they have been good at is taking popular trends and taking the soul out of those cool things to appease the mass market; meat head, frat boys, that don't even realize these CoD games where developed by two different developers or even more tragic that Infinity Ward was dissolved.

and seeing as Activision plans on pumping out CoD games , I'm sure the call of duty franchise will go the way of Tony Hawk games or Guitar Hero franchose, which is shit.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

In Guitar Hero's defense, Rock Band completely murdered it because it was basically Guitar Hero + more. c.c
    I haven't played a Tony Hawk Pro Skater since 2.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Not sure why all the negative talk on this game. Seems like a handful of people on this site are like "Grrrr I play RPG and RPG only."

I actually have never really gotten into the multiplayer in any COD game, I've only played the single player with a little side of online play here and there. But does that mean I think it sucks? No, it's just not my kind of online game. I do plan on trying to get into this one though. Like someone said, Tuesday is only a day away so we soon shall find out what this game has to offer.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Didn't think it could get more Solider than Snake... baby.

Topic titler typoer

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

CoD = the WoW of the FPS world.

I haven't played a CoD since the demo of CoD 2 left a VERY bad taste in my mouth. And after watching my friend play the last two, and even he won't be getting the new one, I refuse to play CoD. If I want to gt abused by vulgar, sore loser children or elitists imbeciles with no lives to speak of at all seeing as they hit max rank in one day, I'll go back to PvP in Guild Wars.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    Didn't think it could get more Solider than Snake... baby.

Topic titler typoer
    Life mist de sad when u need 2 piont out typso.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    This but also the fact was I personally wasn't really impressed with MW2 so after that game and was disappointed considering how much of an amazing job they did with CoD4. I then realized that IW hit their high mark with CoD 4 and they would not be able to surpass that. Treyarch spins on the CoD games have never been interesting or even remotely creative. What they have been good at is taking popular trends and taking the soul out of those cool things to appease the mass market; meat head, frat boys, that don't even realize these CoD games where developed by two different developers or even more tragic that Infinity Ward was dissolved.

and seeing as Activision plans on pumping out CoD games , I'm sure the call of duty franchise will go the way of Tony Hawk games or Guitar Hero franchose, which is shit.
    The story mode of MW2 was pretty bad (although it's poetry compared to the new MoH). The main reason I got it is because I wanted the night vision goggles. Truth. I ended up liking the multiplayer for a while though. If you ignore the kill streaks, it's about as close as a console game comes to CounterStrike, which we all know is the undisputed ruler of all FPS games. I've always favored games where firefights end quickly as opposed to dancing some 30 second waltz while firing 1.000 bullets just to kill one person. Not that I can't enjoy games where you have a ton of health. I do love me some haloz on occasion.
    Last edited by amtalx; Nov 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

I'm getting it. Just pre-ordered yesterday. I'm not getting it for the multiplayer. I'm getting it for the zombies and for the campaign. I might play multiplayer every now and then, but I'm not much of a CoD multiplayer fan. Playing CoD Zombies on iPhone pushed me over the edge. I like zombie games.

I'm also getting tired of the ridiculous network difficulties on Halo: Reach. If Epic is doing dedicated servers for Gears 3, there is no fucking reason Bungie can't for Reach.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.