Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default So... Have you been pat down yet?

What's your view on the TSA's new pat down procedures? From my understanding TSA peeps can pat anybody down without probable cause. At least, that's what I've been hearing amongst talkshows and the interwebs. Though I can't find any article proving or disproving the probable cause.

One thing I do know for certain is that if you don't go through the very detailed scanner you MUST get this pat down is you want to fly...

Here are a couple articles regarding pat downs. I actually couldn't find any supporting it.

http://pncminnesota.wordpress.com/20...nced-pat-down/

http://sify.com/news/controversial-p...sr4hacbjf.html

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/blo...OphlUwp3Q.cspx
    Last edited by Chukie sue; Nov 19, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Respekt.

I've seen an example of the new pat down and I can say it looks very...intimate. It's a tough place the airlines are in. Put people through a grueling body search, or risk letting your father, wife, child die in a plane bombing. I was going to fly with my daughter to see my family this summer, now I'm not so sure :/

I think it's a little too invasive. Either you let some random person scan you and see you -basically- nude, or have an equally random person grab and feel you all over the place. Neither option sounds very enticing.

Annoying that Orlando International Airport (the closest major airport to me) is one of the participants in the new full-body procedures. Hopefully I won't be flying anywhere for a long time.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I'll take the scan thanks. I get just as much radiation from the monitors on my desk and 40+ cell phones in my drawers at work. Who cares if a stranger sees me with x-ray specs?

As a U.S. citizen, let me just say that this was absolutely ridiculous around the time they started making us take our shoes off. Now it's just become the epitome of sheep-like Americans buying into hysteria.

Here's what these goddamn homeland security (bullshit department, by the way) assholes need to understand. All that is really necessary to prevent hijacking are CODE LOCKED, REINFORCED DOORS on the cockpits of all airplanes, which they have nowadays, and pilots or other, security-specific staff (which would not only create jobs but would also be much cheaper to pay, I'm sure, than the cost of all the high tech naked scanners and rectum probers airports are blowing funds on now) that are armed with pistols or even stun-guns. They go to all this fucking trouble to make sure people aren't bringing bombs on planes. NEWS FLASH: THESE BIG, BAD "TERRORISTS" DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP PLANES. THEY WANT TO FLY THEM INTO THINGS!!!

Like use your fucking heads for once America! Honestly, anyone who's ever ridden on a bus in New York City knows that there can be nearly as many people crammed onto those things as there normally are on a standard commercial airliner, plus the people on the oft-nearby and always densely crowded sidewalks. So ask yourselves, why aren't NYC transit buses, which have no security whatsoever, blowing up left and right? Screw vehicles, why aren't there droves of radical suicide bombers blowing themselves up in the middle of the crowded sidewalks of America's major metropolises? It would have the same death toll as blowing up one, single plane, right?

It doesn't happen because these people aren't interested in doing such miniscule damage. Or at least they weren't originally. The worst part about all this security is that if it ever gets removed, a plane is going to blow up within months just to keep us scared, all because a rag-tag group of insurgents numbering in the hundreds has got a global superpower by the balls.

/rant

Considering I'm taking a plane trip soon, a little junk grabbing does not bother me.

As long as I get to my destination safe, let the people bitch.

I am not in favor of the TSA's new security screening procedures, but I do recognize that once you mark any place out of bounds, private, and unsearchable - then those with the motivation to do so will discover and exploit those places as an avenue to smuggle contraband on board. I place liberty over security, so it's a risk I'm willing to take when traveling in exchange for a less invasive search. Most people would, it seems, rather have the security - even if they chafe under it's application to themselves.

Actually, most people want their cake and eat it too. They want the end result of rainbows and gumdrops and bubblegum in a happy and secure nation where the bad guys never win. They don't see it as a process which will, inevitably, apply to them as well as the badguys.
    Last edited by Outrider; Nov 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

"Only when every man's penis has the hand of government on it can the republic be safe."

- Mark Steyn.
    Respekt.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

How much longer will this make airport delays now during Holiday rushes?

Super violated grabbed quickly, go - get outta here! Or possibly less intensive due to them needing to hurry it up already, so not everyone gets the full experience?

Remember a few weeks back on news quickly about before, back of the hand which wasn't so intrusive and does the same thing, now front hands and all.