Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Console?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    If PSO2 is released on a console, it makes more sense if it'll be released on the PS3, since the bigger audience for the Phantasy Star series is Japan and the PS3 is much more popular than the XBox360 there.
    True, but I think they should release it on PC first so they can fix whatever problems it may have, then they can decide to release it on consoles.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

I would love for it to come out on the 360 or a PS3 console, because i've missed out on BB because it was PC only.
    still there is the possibility that Sega could be waiting on the NEXT generation of console hardware which some estimate to be atleast another 5 years away (give or take).

Its still too early to say I won't be getting it on PC just highly unlikely.

I see it going 2 ways:

1st: It will be released on consoles just because there is a large player base on them and thus increase revenue.

2nd: PC only because console will always have limitations on them. FF Online was also released on the PS2 and because of that, there is no chance to overhaul the graphics to better models. While a PC all you have to do is swap out a single card opposed to a whole new system.

I don't know if anyone have played Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC) but it was a PC only MMO. This is a good example because with one of the expansions, they overhauls the character models and enviroment models. Something like this isn't possible, at least for long, on a console and when the next gen model, then what happens? There is a reason why PC games have so many expansions and keep living.

What is WOW was on the xbox or PS2 when it was release? WOW probably would have turning into WOW2 for the next gen consoles...

If PSO2 does come to any consoles.... I'd think it'd only come to either PS3 and/or ported to Next Generation consoles.... If Sega DOES go with a monthly fee(which is likely) I don't think Microsoft will be as willing to let customers only have a Silver Xbox Live Account...

They let FFXI and PSU go by because they thought it'd help to bring in new customers... And it did. But now they aren't so willing... Where's my proof?

Square Enix TRIED to negotiate with Microsoft to get FFXIV to come to the Xbox 360, but they couldn't come to an agreement with Microsoft because on Xbox Live policies...

http://www.1up.com/news/xbox-live-policy-holding-ffxiv

It sucks, I know. Because I definitely would buy PSO2 for my Xbox AND PC.... :/ But yeah, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

They could bring it to the PS3.... And maybe they will port it over to the next generation consoles, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Besides, the Xbox 360 version of PSU gets updates just as often as the JP PC/PS2 versions, doesn't it?
    The Xbox Live update validation process is the specific reason why the Western servers got so far behind the Japanese PC/PS2 servers. Sega of America didn't want to deal with a separate update schedule between PC/PS2 and Xbox 360, so the PC/PS2 updates were always delayed to coincide with the X360 updates. For this reason, I would not want to see PSO2 on the Xbox 360.

Aside from that, it's also worth considering that releasing for the Xbox 360 isn't really a very good deal for Sega either, as Microsoft requires a cut of their subscription fee. Releasing for the PC alone gives them something of a wild frontier to work with, rather than a maze of red tape.

Whatever they're going to do, I really think they need to release their primary game on only one platform. Maintaining the game over multiple platforms in multiple regions has been something of a disaster, and I'd rather not see that, again.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    The Xbox Live update validation process is the specific reason why the Western servers got so far behind the Japanese PC/PS2 servers. Sega of America didn't want to deal with a separate update schedule between PC/PS2 and Xbox 360, so the PC/PS2 updates were always delayed to coincide with the X360 updates. For this reason, I would not want to see PSO2 on the Xbox 360.
    And yet, Final Fantasy XI suffers no such delay in its updates since the Xbox 360 release.
    Aside from that, it's also worth considering that releasing for the Xbox 360 isn't really a very good deal for Sega either, as Microsoft requires a cut of their subscription fee.
    First time I've heard someone make that claim. Source?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

So console wouldn't cripple infinite content, changes, game community, in anyway? @_@

I wonder when this game is coming out anyhow...

Personally gaming on PC, to me feels awkward admittedly but at the same time we all want this to be the ultimate PS right? 8D

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Sealed J-Sword Drop FAIL Robocop II's Avatar

You're implying that there was ever a version of PSU that wasn't one giant mistake.

PSO2 being cross-platform on both the PC and 360 could work out very well if they worked with Microsoft and designed the game properly.
    THAT is more possible than the PS3. It would make sense too, well..to me at least.

And yet, Final Fantasy XI suffers no such delay in its updates since the Xbox 360 release.
    Final Fantasy XI has concurrent platform releases (the Xbox 360 version wasn't released until years after the initial launch, but it was also launched concurrently with an expansion, and as an up-to-date product, not starting from the beginning), and also has a consolidated update schedule. This is an administrative arrangement. It is likely that updates could come sooner, if there were no Xbox 360 version.

PSU PC/PS2 JP was released separately from PSU X360 and PSU PC/PS2. Update schedule consolidation was made between the X360 and Western PC/PS2 versions, but excluded the JP PC/PS2 version. The JP PC/PS2 version has a history of receiving updates more regularly and dependably, than the X360 and Western PC/PS2 versions. While the largest part of the difference are a result of the concurrence of MAG and the Error 60 incident, it's worth noting that the update schedule was already quite a bit slower.

First time I've heard someone make that claim. Source?
    This isn't my original source for the information, but it documents it, anyway--
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...se-on-360.aspx
    http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/24/mic...o-pass-on-360/

My memory could be deceiving me, but I believe there's a touch of discussion on the matter in an upcoming episode of the PSO-World podcast, as well.

I'd also like to point out that PSU was a substantially greater success in Japan on the PC than on any console. This makes it substantially more likely that they'll focus their efforts for future Phantasy Star titles for PC release, instead of console release. Based on this and their history, expect to be treated as a second-class customer, if you choose to play any version which is tied to a console version.
    Last edited by HUnewearl_Meira; Dec 6, 2010 at 04:04 PM.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Personally, I'm glad that PSO2 is coming first to PC. I know there has been games that I wanted to play, but if I didn't have the system, I would have to wait and see if it would get a PC port. And when I did play the official PSOBB when Sega was running it, that monthly fee included updates. But who is to say, when and if PSO2 gets ported to the 360/PS3, not only would you have to pay the monthly fee, but you might have to pay additionally for content as well? I know it's a 'what if' situation, but the possibility that console users would have to pay 2 fees, instead of when pc users only have to pay 1, is still there.