Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Do You Think Top Tier Gear Should Be Customizable?

Just thought about it so I'm spamming a thread about it. Usually everyone in PSOBB with any brains at all is wearing the top tier gear aka everyone running around with aura field, electro frame, excal, heaven striker, etc. Do you think this time around the uber rares should be more player customizable? Maybe make them look different, have the attributes you prefer, etc. They did that some with s-rank weapons and a variety of rares with different benefits but overall highest damage, defense, resistance, tagging, range, concentration, etc is what makes the player use certain items which makes the variety much more linear. I mean a frame that keeps you from getting poisoned by flowers is all cool and all but if its other stats are garbage it's just a joke rare.

I would like something of an expanded version of the extend code system from PSP2. People would still be running around with the same stuff, but not everyone's would be the same. Just a few ideas for potential effects one could add:

Increased special/heavy attack hit rate.
    Faster attack speed.
    Longer range for guns.

Again, just some basic ideas, but you get the idea. Each person could (for a price) tune their equipment to their preferances.

Ultimate Chao Fan & Anti-Scammers Commitee member Chaobo99's Avatar

Yes. I don't think anyone would really be against customizable rares, but there is always that someone...
    But then again uber rares are generally special in their own sense and shouldn't be customizable physically but certain customizale advantages might work.

I love the idea, and would like to see it added provided they have a balanced system for the customization. i.e. not making one status the "best" and make it so players can cater to their style a little more.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

I like the idea of changing the look or a bit of the stats, maybe you could have a shop where you can buy colors for your weapons or armor (if the armors visible at all unlike most of PSOs armor). or possibly you could make a design and get it imprinted on a weapon or a shield of some kind, that would be awesome.

I wouldn't be against having a slot and unit system for weapons, similar to how frames and armor have them - of course, this is assuming that the units that can go into weapons are different than the ones that can go into frames.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Maybe have each weapon have an appearance slot, and/or a stat slot. If you add color and the change in color is viable, then the physical appearance changes and have super rares have units only they can use like..hmm.. "Dark Aura- only usable by the J-sword. Adds a mysterious aura around the blade. Dark Resistance +5" or something like that...

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking well

If they did that them all the high level people will start looking the same. Keep fashion seperate from stats. What would be nice is some news caster telling everyone what most people are earning so that more people will try to be a bit orginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaobo99 View Post
    have super rares have units only they can use like..hmm.. "Dark Aura- only usable by the J-sword. Adds a mysterious aura around the blade. Dark Resistance +5" or something like that...
    im not sure i like this idea, i want to be able to use units on lower level weapon as well.

I meant that special weapons should have their own special units because they are unique. Lower level weapons can still have their color/stat changes and everything but special weapons should retain their specialty.