Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Totally not a Flowen fan. Msr. Bojangles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden View Post
    hueg post
    Erm... I try my best to not burst any bubbles or make people feel foolish, but... some of those weapons make my head hurt. Not from any idiocy, but rather, not enough proper description. FPS mode, first, though.

Sounds a little too jarring. I understand you want guns to be easier, but it is... just a tiny bit inconvenient. Just a teensy bit. The sudden changes in perspective would mess me up. as would the cursor out of nowhere. It's fine in a TPS (Third-Person Shooter), but not exactly... erm... in an MMO where you're swapping weapons constantly. You'd get motion sick unless it was handled PERFECTLY.

The weapons... Where do I start? Now, I'm not trying to insult you, my good sir. I like to see people giving their own ideas, I really do. However, I must make a few notes:

-Guard? Why that as a name for a dagger/saber combo? Why not have an offhand dagger variety called Main Gauche instead? Then there could be 'combo PAs' that utilize it in addition to another single-handed weapon. It's a neat-ish idea, but it just doesn't sound too stellar. But this is just me.

-Beta Giga? Erm... Wouldn't 'Photon Yoyo' be a better idea? Yoyos DID originate as a weapon, if I remember correctly... But nifty idea, even though it sounds like a slicer almost.

-Bane? That's a katar by your description, sir/madam/whatever gender you are. Which is synonymous with a claw in real life, except it stabs instead of slashes. But they are functionally the same as either a knuckle or a claw.

-Double Sword... I... I cannot begin to say just how hard this is to imagine as a proper weapon. How would one even wield it? Wouldn't it be easier to use a proper sword and then move to a Slicer when need be?

-Cross X sounds like the name you'd give twin daggers. I'm not entirely sure how this would even work, though. A spring-loaded blade under your arm? That's just hard to imagine.

-Gia Suit ....This sounds like unarmed combat gear. While I do say to ditch the knuckles for some proper unarmed combat gear, this could stand a better name. As well as not being an aura, but rather sleek gauntlets/greaves.

-Twin Rocket sounds like a slightly bad idea. Spammably fast ranged crowd killing with high ATP due to being rocket launchers? I think that you played a little too much Golden Eye 64. XD

-Twin shotgun sounds pretty impossible, considering the MASSIVE recoil. Of course, this IS a sci-fi/jRPG/jMMORPG.

-Spell Blade? Erm... this name just screams 'MST-based saber!'. All I can think of saying about this one. XD

Intriguing ideas, but they seem to need some more refinement and solidifying first. I am NOT trying to insult you or ANYTHING. I'm just trying to give my little bits of input. That is all. *tips hat*

I think of the cross X looking similar to the flame visit from PSO. having a grip that leads down to the main firing mechanism, which goes about halfway up you forearm. then a little ways out from your wrist, the weapon it self stops and you attach a sword-like blade to the end of it. its hard to discribe what im thinking, but like i said originaly, a giant ballistic knife!

in game, it could work similar to the spear PA in PsP (dont know what its called, sorry). in the third part of the combo you throw the spear and it pierces through all enemys in front of you. also i probibly would not be able to combo because it take a while to reload.
    now that i think of it. its kind of like a blade version of a lazer cannon
    Last edited by MAXrobo; Dec 2, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Thanks you for your input.

The Cross X is hard for me to explain because it was something i had been drawing and fine tuneing for a flash game me and my friend were making together. I will post illustrations when i get this scanner to work...

Addressing twin rockets. I would not want them to be something that did Mass damage but more of a homeing attack type style. I belive there is a Synth in PSU that has a attack where it launches a rocket that follows you. It would be something like that but dumbed down a bit.

As for the Bane, Yes it is like a Katar in ways. And as much of a claw as it would be like i would hope claws would be used as claws and Banes would be wield as Katars. (But dont look as it like a katar, I will show a illustration.)

As for the Double Sword, This will make more sense with a illustration.. I understand why it is confusing. My discription skills are lacking.

I also forgot to mention why i named it the gaurd.
    In my flash game, The gaurd is used strangly where the saber in your off hand is actually more used to block and the dagger in your main hand is used to counter attack. I know it dose not fit very well at all.. But i still like that name.
    Last edited by Eiden; Dec 2, 2010 at 12:11 AM.

I am most deffinently not a artist. But this is what one of my Handgun Launchers was suppose to look like. The gun is made of a plant wich shoots a Seed pod at the enemy. Like all other Handgun Launchers the seed would lock, follow, and detonate on its target. when the seed pods detinate they explode into seeds. Poison effect.

now that im looking at it, you could switch the Beta Giga to a short-range ranger weapon. and when you started to straf they would act as duel shealds. i always love the idea on duel-wealing shealds, but no game ever lets you do it.

the double sword could easly be made into a twin sword PA.

the twin launchers are alot like the neudaiz S rank rifle from PSU. it shot seeds the made a fun cracking sound on impact, i loved that rifle so much... anyway a better analagy for the homing abillity would be like the rockets a Granz fired at you in PSO.

so your cross X was nothing like i was thinking of... im confused, sorry.
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!