Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Sorry for long topic title)

Well post your input. I've never used a HUcast, RAcaseal, RAcast, FOnewm, FOnewearl, or RAmar, in all my days in PSO history. I just decided to lay my lv47 RAmarl to rest for a bit, and try out a FOnewearl.

And what are your reasons for not trying them if any?

HUmar- Way too popular, men characters are just too 'common' and I'm all for being different.

Hucast- I've thought about it, but the whole, no SD and Resta thing bothers me.

RAcaseal- looks lame, good ATA but still. Lack of interesting costumes.

RAcast- not my style

FOnewm- Ugly, will never use.

RAmar- Heard that they sucked, but I will verify this myself soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-03-11 00:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-03-11 00:16 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I've never tried:

FOmar- Sounds too weak to me.

FOnewman- Looks too gay.

HUcaseal- Not sure why.

RAcaseal- Doesn't seem to interest me much.

Between version 1 and 2, the only class I had never played was a FOnewm. Their costumes tend to leave much to be desired and there wasn't really much difference between a FOnewm and a FOnewearl beyond the cuteness factor. However I have made a FOnewm in E1&2. The costumes are still a tragedy, but his boost to Ra-type techniques is not to be taken lightly. He's a very, VERY powerful spellcaster. Aesthetics are one thing, power is another. Sometimes you have to choose one over the other.

The only class I haven't tried between all the versions (thus far) is the FOmar. I do plan to have one of each eventually. I'm just too busy working on my main characters currently to start something new.

Honestly the only classes I haven't played nor tried to is the FOnewearl and FOnewm. I tried playing a FOmarl and recently a FOmar but I just can't play it. I'm not the type of player who primary skill is casting spells. I'm more of the melee like player or the guy who chooses a warrior when playing RPGs. But I found my calling as a ranger so it all works out

The OTHER Special K

The only character I really played on DC v1 was HUcast. I made a FO and RA, but they didn't go far at all. In GC, my HUcast was my first char, and is still my main (and my generic C-mode char too), but I had an urge to play a FO. I made a FOnewm, and I really like him. I decided to make a RA too, just for a sense of completion (and to help my lv 1 friend w/o killing everything in sight), so I made a RAmarl. Here are views on the classes:

HUmar: Boring, bland, and overplayed. Too average.
    HUnewearl: If I was to make another HU, she'd be it. Good looks, plus very versatile.
    HUcast: Great for it's simplicity, but still a challenge, especially in C-mode (low ATA + sword = HUcast lying on ground).
    HUcaseal: Very monotone costumes turn me off. Runs funny. High ATA is good, high EVP is kinda worthless. HUcast is better.
    RAmar: No real reasons, I just don't like him. Irrational prejudice.
    RAmarl: A RA that can do something besides sit in the back and shoot (ie, she has good tech potential for a RA). Plus, lots of nifty costumage.
    RAcast: Not my style either RA's are kinda boring to me, it's all just stand and shoot. Guns don't even have flashy attack motions.
    RAcaseal: See above.
    FOmar: Costumes are half cool, half dumb. I like the S/D bonus though. Prolly my second FO choice.
    FOmarl: Mainly support caster, and runs funny from what I've heard.
    FOnewm: The HUcast of FOs (which might be why I like him). The costumes do look mostly dumb, but I've found a few that I can deal with.
    FOnewearl: Cute, but kinda overplayed cause of that. Like said previously, hard tech bonuses outweigh simple tech bonuses. How often do you use foie instead of rafoie in a room full of monsters?

That's my two cents.

i never cared about non-android rangers... but i planned on starting a RAmarl soon (despite everyone seems to have one ^_^;.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

I've played every class at one point or another, with the exception of RAcaseal, RAcast, HUnewearl, FOmarl and FOnewm. I've run a HUmar through C mode once if that counts (Fuku-san, my first and last HUmar), and I'm currently using a FOnewm as my storage/level out of boredom character if THAT amounts to anything. I do want to get this FOnewm up to Lv100+ eventually however.

Anyway, I'll just list all the classes and reasons why I like or dislike them.

HUmar: Like many have said in previous posts, these suckers are just too common. I'm all for being different, they're just not for me.

HUnewearl: I've made a few in previous versions but ended up deleting them in favor of another class, eventually. Why? I really don't know. I dig their designs for the most part, and they have decent stats. I'll get around to it eventually.

HUcaseal: Cajun likes! So what if their stats are a little on the low side compared to HUcasts, they have great asses and that's all that matters. Er... And they kick a lot of ass in C mode, as well.

HUcast: Cajun likes brute force! I raised one past Lv120 on V1/2.

RAmar: I raised one past Lv120 on V1/2 so I'll always have a place for them in my little black heart, but... whenever I see one in a C mode game, I feel sorry for the other players. I don't think I'd enjoy playing one on EP1&2 at all, really.

RAmarl: Similar to a RAmar but with better spells rather than decent stats. I feel even WORSE for a C mode team when I see one of them in one. I've raised mine to Lv80 on EP1&2 and seriously do NOT want to level her any more.

RAcast: Never played one, so I really can't say too much about them... Great ATP for a RA is always a good thing though.

RAcaseal: Ditto, never played one in the least.

FOmar: They rock! Gi spells are very underestimated. They're the only FO that can dish out decent damage with weapons too, with their very decent ATP.

FOnewearl: My personal favorite class. What they lack in ATP, ATA and HP they make up for in MST, and umm... sheer cuteness, I guess. They sport my favorite character designs and are a blast to play.

FOnewm: The next class I play thoroughly, and I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it. Even if they either look like Richard Simmons or a pimp (mine is of the latter variety). I get such a laugh out of walking slowly with a rod equipped with them.

FOmarl: I'll play one of them... someday. I prefer my FO to do more damage with spells over having boosted support techniques. They do have a nice grants boost however! ... But Grants isn't a spell I use all that often.

FOcast: HAH! Yeah, right.

I've never played as a FOnewm, mainly because I hate the look. I don't mean to sound shallow, but most the FOnewm's costumes are mantastic.

Other classes are weak. Only Hucast is worth effort.

I started a HUnewearl a few days ago. Let me tell you, I think she blows HUmars out of the water. I love her animation for g-ass blades and s/d kicks. I attempted to use a HUcast once, i didn't really like him that much. I couldn't make a HUcaseal that I liked, and HUmars have big feet. I feel like I'm playing with a clown. HUnewearls are just right. My HUnewearl is lv 30, and it's going to go up today, I think I'll be on VHard tomorrow.