Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

125 56.05%
  • NO

98 43.95%
Page 1 of 90 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Do you want beasts in PSO2?

Please understand this is not do you think they should be in the game, it's do you WANT them in the game.

Ok I am reading from a lot of people that there needs to be Beasts in PSO2 and that if there isn't the claim is it will be a flop cause of it. But I really want to know if people really care for Beasts as much as the Beast fans claim every one does.
    Last edited by SolarFlare; Dec 3, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

I see no real harm in including Beasts. I've never played a PSU based game but I could see the benifits of having a 4th race, as well as the Vanguard class and the other special classes.

As long as it's just beast.I cant see dumans in there too,to many races.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Settler: "Alright. We'll give some room for the Beasts, but we don't want the Irish!"

Sheriff: "No deal"

Settler: "Oh Prarie *(&*. Ok. Everybody!"

^ Sorry, but this topic really made me think of this famous movie that I almost quoted word for word, but will avoid it due to a false sense of keeping away from copyright infringement.

To a certain degree, I almost want the races to initially go back to the basics. Nothing against beasts, per se, but only because it'll help them concentrate better on balance and tight gameplay. They should take a page from AM2. That and the kind of idea (or fighter's mantra) that AM2 delivered in their Virtua Fighter series. Before you start learning a bunch of moves, it's best to be a master at doing a few moves. Once something is truly solid, then you work on expansion. Throwing in Beasts, ala. PSU, was an issue because they just added more without thinking first about their game systems. Thus why it was hard for them to balance them the way they had it down on paper. Their game engine was just not really ready for them, and thus couldn't compartmentalize their strengths into just the classes they wanted them to best at.

Trivializing techs to 10-level increments and simplifying the variance in Support techs (including a lack of contention based on Buff/Debuff level against another buff or debuff) also kept things a little too simple to make needed adjustments. My honest opinion isn't Yes or No. More like.......Later.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 3, 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Uh... I created a thread asking how people feel about Beasts and if they think they should be in PSO2..... Didn't think a poll would be necessary..... <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Uh... I created a thread asking how people feel about Beasts and if they think they should be in PSO2..... Didn't think a poll would be necessary..... <_<
    Did you copyright it?

All in all, I am a PSO player 1st and foremost...however...I enjoy Beasts in my PSPo2 and really want the two games seperated as much as possible.
    Beasts + PSO2 = n o

I would like to see beasts in PSO2. I have played both PSO and PSU for a long time and iv gotten to like the veriety of having beasts around. make the population just that muh more diverse
    I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!

Yes, I do. A large part of Phantasy Star games, for me, is making the character (customization), and Beast girls look the best to me, so I'd like to see them in PSO2. That, and it's fun being a tank character and doing incredible amounts of damage. Also, Nanoblasts were cool, but could use some improvements, especially in the damage department.

Oh, and since PSU was my first (and favorite, barring PSP2) Phantasy Star game, I think it would feel too weird for me to be playing without Beasts.

I would prefer them not to be in PSO2. Same reason I don't like having more than HU/RA/FO as classes. The 3 race and 3 class system creates a roll for each race/class combo. But that's just me. If anyone wants, I will explain this in more detail, again.