Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Default Why PSO2 is PSO2 and not PSU2...

Alright guys,

First and foremost, this topic name may bring about random splutter from the denizens of PSOW...
    Seriously, this is what gives me hope: The game is called PSO2 not PSU2. I am dreaming night and day of this game being made to be a beautiful successor to PSO. I am terribly tired of people acting like children in a PSO vs. PSU stranglehold of retardation. (Honestly, that's what it is...) They are two VERY different games. I think we all know that and so does SEGA. Face it, SEGA is making another Phantasy Star Online game. I doubt beasts or dewmans will be implemented, and they shouldn't. SEGA can make another PSP game if they want that. (Oh look, they just did...)

I played PSU for a good 2 years, and at the end I hated it. Granted it was a good game, they released an expansion and two portable spin-off titles. Good.

PSO2 should be a continuation of a game that sucked me in as a kid. Hell, why name it PSO2 then. I'm not saying don't add in elements from PSU, but if you think you are getting a cutesy, Gurhal setting please god think again. I could not deal with that. PSO came to an abrupt end. Bang. Like that...

What the fuck happened on Ragol after Ep. 3? What happened between Episodes 3 and 4? There is so much to work with in PSO storyboard wise that adding story elements from PSU would be lame... It is PSO2 after all.

Look PSU was cool. I wouldn't want to deal with the entire process of it as an online game again even if I was bedridden and it was the only game I had in my possession. The way the game was hosted and updated was absolute shit. If you don't agree with me you are totally oblivious or were too busy dressing up your characters in frills. Not that there is anything wrong with that... I guess.

I guess what I'm saying is that PSO2 would be better off as PSO2 and not an amalgamation of everything SEGA has released under the title of "Phantasy Star" to date. Its a game, not a cesspool for a bunch of overused cliche characters and a bad, terrible, absolutely shitty storyline...

TL;DR

Read it, or hit the back button on your browser...

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

This will most likely be my last Phanasty Star game if this flunks,I cant deal with another PSU.I'll have to bury my childhood for good.(I dont have the time to keep running back and forth to this franchise,I pray it does well.)
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

TL;DR

You're on the PSO side of PSO VS PSU.

I'd like something new altogether, which I'll hope it is until they change it into "episode 5."

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    TL;DR

You're on the PSO side of PSO VS PSU.

I'd like something new altogether, which I'll hope it is until they change it into "episode 5."
    I gotta hurry and beat Blue Burst.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

*Why PSO2 should be PSO2 and not PSU2 imo

fixed?

Time to hit the back button now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Blue View Post
    This will most likely be my last Phanasty Star game if this flunks,I cant deal with another PSU.I'll have to bury my childhood for good.(I dont have the time to keep running back and forth to this franchise,I pray it does well.)
    Yeah, seriously. Blue Burst was kind of a disappointed for me at the time because I didn't have a decent PC to play it on. I can't deal with it anymore.

If this turns out to kill me on the inside like PSU did I will bury my copy in a shoe box behind my apartment. PSU looked like it would be fucking sweet with the original trailers of it.

Here.

Look at how different this is from the final game.

It looked much cooler back then let me add...

Yeah man, that montage of pre-rendered concept art footage and absolutely zero gameplay was totally a better game than the same thing with better character models.

I really don't get this at all. Are you people really this incapable of putting together an argument with even a smidgen of logic and rationality?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    What happened between Episodes 3 and 4?
    Episode 3 happened after 4, remember? Anyway:

Yeah, I agree. I don't want a PSU2, but I do want the game elements (that worked) from PSU incorporated into PSO2.

If you think that PSO2 will have the same robotic, clunky movement and combat of PSO, and not PSU's smooth, free-flow combat, then you're delusional. Sega knows what's modern and what's not. Truth is, PSO is, what, 10 years old now? A lot of it's features are dated.

However, I don't agree with the exclusion of Beasts. They've been in the series for going on 5 years now, and I think they deserve it. I'll agree that Dewmans shouldn't be in PSO2, though.

EDIT: I've said it at least a dozen times now. PSU/P2's combat mechanics, and PSO/Z's music and atmosphere. That's all it would need to a great experience, to me.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Dec 3, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    I really don't get this at all. Are you people really this incapable of putting together an argument with even a smidgen of logic and rationality?
    Aesthetically I like it better than what PSU turned out to be. I liked the concept art that was in the background. Things had life, in PSU the levels were stale and reused. PSU would have died alot sooner if not for its community...

I am not a PSO fanboy by any means... If this game sucks I'm going back to 100%ing Demon's Souls because that game challenges me over letting me do 7,000 damage by spamming axe PA's.

Pre-rendered footage. The cutscenes in the actual game were just as detailed.

You don't even know what you are talking about.