Default Level 60 mags will not evolve if pure?

I am building a mag for my Cast Hunter. It is in the mid 30s now, purely hit.
    I see notes on the mag evo chart that a level 60 mag will not evolve to the next stage if it is pure.

So is it best to keep it pure and evolve it with a "soul" (or whatever the item is that evolves mags to the rarer forms) or should I give it 1 level of power or something to evolve it once before the final stage?

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

It depends on which Photon Blast you want, or Mag you would like (which also kinda goes in with PB, since the mag's form determines its PB). If that's a Mag that WASN'T found in Paru (since Mags found in Paru don't change their PB's when they evolve, unlike regular mags gotten at start or bought from the PD trader)., then evolve it to get whatever PB you want at level 60, and whether or not you would like a different form of mag, you can either keep it or use a mag soul on it to give it a good form while it retains its PB/Nature and you can change iuts stats however you please afterwards with no real drawbacks.

Personally, I'd say get a mag with Flozir, it's easily one of the best PB's you can have when with a team, online or with even AI-controlled CPU's in story mode who help join in the PB (since with 3 others joining in Flozir, you get: Infinite PP, Quick-Charges on Techs and PA's, 100% chance for Crits, and INVINCIBILITY, for about a full minute). Otherwise, if you just like wasting away PB's on your own without others joining in, you might like something like Midgul, since you're a CAST and can't cast S/D/J/Z, or you might even like the damage PB's like Pacifal and Granir, although, personally, I prefer Pacifal unless you only use your PB's on bosses, since Pacifal has a 100% chance of inflicting a Stun Lv5 on foes not resistant to Stun and hits every enemy on the field at the time of use.
    Last edited by Chaos Rappy; Dec 5, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Three reasons you evolve tier 4 mags:
    1. Aesthetics
    2. PD
    3. To level 100

there is nothing a tier 4 mag has over a tier 3 or "pure" mag and AFAIK as long as the mag is 60+, it can still receive a advanced nature and be fed mag souls
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less. Refer to the forum rules for further sig limit details.
    my to do list:
    1. find a job
    2. take over the world
    3. buy groceries