Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Names

Ah, some time to type some more. n_n

While I was making my first Rhonda, I wanted to make a female CAST as large or about as large as I possibly could. I gave her the robotic head that looked like it had a giant hat, Batrelle Arms (that one with a floating shoulder plate), and Elaciel Torso and Legs. Light skin, main color red, sub color white. After I saw her, she looked like a pirate captain or something. I thought the name "Rhonda" suited her. Maybe because of her size along with the fact she looked tough and/or hearty or something.

I didn`t like the fact that her face wouldn`t articulate to show emotions on the Cut-in Chat windows. Back then, you couldn`t change a CAST`s head from those types of heads to a head where you can change certain facial features, so I remade her.

Hm, what are some other names... I had a role play character on PSOEps1&2GC called "RAmarlBarbie." lol She was fun.

Let me list some:
    Jiba (PSU, small-Beast male)
    Jewelie (PSU, Jiba`s small-Beast female wife, and mother of their decaplets {like twins, but 10})
    Rhoss (PSU, Rhonda`s tall, thin CAST male brother)
    Grandma (PSO, FOmarl; PSU, Human Female)
    Grandpa (Final Fantasy XI, Galka)
    Mime (PSO FOnewearl; I used her on PSO for some lobby fun)
    Uxtifia (PSO, RAmarl)
    Imdespoq (PSO, FOmar)
    Z`zanid (PSO, FOnewearl)
    Verica (PSO, RAcaseal)
    Syzdoranlo (PSO, RAcast)
    Rezenio (PSO, FOnewm)
    Blithest (PSO, FOmarl)
    Kimiko (PSO, HUcaseal; named after tennis player Kimiko Date-Krumm)
    Hezner (PSO, HUcast)
    Ashketchum (FFXI, Elvaan Male)
    Googlemoogle (FFXI, Tarutaru Male)

I`ve made more. Hm, do I like making characters too much? lol Making characters is part of the fun of these games, though, right?
    : D
    Last edited by Googlebonker; Dec 16, 2010 at 01:48 AM.

I've always used the nicks ChronoTrigga, handsock, Seripa, and Selendrile. The names of my 4 original PSO characters on Dreamcast.
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

Names often come from something in the character that inspired the name. Or some string of tangents.

Tynselle Nbareh actually came from the backstory that popped in my head during character creation. Once I actually had the *look* that shouted that this was my character, a backstory fit to it. The name Tynselle came from the time of the year of the US release and oddly enough, PSO's start. Oddly enough, I was thinking of the birthdate of the character to be something close to when I created her. It would be in December, but I wanted a palindrome date. 1221. Or December 21st. Coincidentally, this was also the release date (JPN) of the original PSO.

Being that the date was right in align with Christmas. Tis the season. I gave her a girlish twist on a decoration used during the holidays. Tinsel. So Tynselle was born. The last name was because I wanted her to be a late decendant of some African lineage so I used Nbareh as a name styled like a naming convention used by some dialects. Her father, Katlego, suggests a Bantu dialect origin.

Mufonna was easy. Female Beast with feline features. I basically went Lion King with this one. A play on the name between Mufasa and her outfit choices. Mufasa and Prima Donna became Mufonna. Tigre, as the last name, was an obvious followup to the theme.

Stints was basically because I wanted to create a cool-sounding single name for an old gunslinger guy who yearns for simpler times, way out west, with cowboy hats, cattle, and ranches.

In PSO. Fioshani was actually a RaMarl. Her name was a twisted homage to Fio Germi from Metal Slug. And yes, like Fio, she's a glasses girl. The hairstyle was different because the glasses had 1 single fixed single-ponytail hairstyle in the game. The only choice.

Wicksomnae was my main in PSO for quite some time. A male Newman which was selected to look as close to myself as possible, at the time. The name was completely original. It was to be a character name in my Inarmado Story book series, but that name never got attached to a character until I used it in PSO.

I also had Furrivaser in Final Fantasy 11. A mithra, but he was a guy. I wanted the thief-supporting race, but there was no way he would be a girl. So basically, I wore the most butch armor choices throughout the game. Stuff that covered the most because to a degree, I played off the male mithra disguised in plain sight. An escapee from Windhurst. Though the name suggests different, the name was originally going to go to a male human Wizard in True Fantasy Live Online, which never made it to a final release. Furrivaser was a play on the name Harry Potter. Harry from Hairy, Furri from Furry. Pot to Vase.

Names come from things that relate to me.

I'm making my character Serizawa again. If they have a first/last name thing, the first name will be Miya. Reasoning is below:

Serizawa = friend's last name
    Miya = first name, also sounds similar to favorite character, Mia of FE

-Wayu

My character names for PSO2 all depend on which races will be included and/or excluded. Once Sega tells us that information, I can have a better idea.

As for where exactly my character names come from, I make them all up on my own. I've got a good imagination for such things, so I put it to use.

PSU:
    Nassandra
    Andromeda
    DarkDrive
    Chrissie

(note: There's also a plethora of deleted characters that I could put in the PSU section here, but I don't feel the need)

PSP1 & 2:
    Eklypse(PSP1)
    Lilandra(PSP2)
    Genevieve(PSP2)

Misc:
    BloodDrive(PSOBB)
    Rob Otiks(PSOBB)
    X-Drive(PSZ)
    Misty(PSZ)
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Dec 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

I always liked how we were seperated by player ID, and could all share the same name if we really wanted to. Hopefully they continue down that path.

As for my names, Jinketsu for a boy character, Retsujo for a girl. I also want to make a cute-ish short male and female characters and name them Peanut (M) and Peneaut (F).

I also like Vaughn, Jester, Pompom, and Basket. They're all six-letter names and I've used them on several name-your-nameless-guys RPGs throughout the years.

When I think Jester, I think Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Legends Dark Legacy. (My favorite Gauntlet games of all time) Ahh, the memories. Why doesn't PSN and/or XBLA get these?

I will probably make my main character a newman (or POSSIBLY a human) named Seth. Then my second char will most likely be a female newman named Cecina. I am horridly uncreative with names. If I make a cast, I will probably name him Omega-22.

Continuing with the tradition of a HUcast "Rauga".

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    When I think Jester, I think Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Legends Dark Legacy. (My favorite Gauntlet games of all time) Ahh, the memories. Why doesn't PSN and/or XBLA get these?
    That's a good question! They've started with Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi, maybe we can keep our fingers crossed?