Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Any weapon that gets a substantial buff that sets it apart from other end-game weapons. Most sub-S rank weapons only get buffed to put them on par with the average starter S-rank, and the average S-rank only gains a small stat or affliction buff from extending. Some gain a substantial buff to make them on par with the strongest available, or makes them the strongest (Twin Kamui gains almost 100 atk from extension). Then there's the oddball low rank weapon that's fairly decent for a long time after extending (Miku's Leek Saber can get lv 5 stun...)
    PSP2i: Merydia - Lvl 60 F Newman VA/BR | Lithium - Lvl 7x F Cast HU

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Ophidian_Medusa
    i'm still looking for this but i want it sooo bad for my force. that stun lvl4 isnt so bad either

oh best again...
    of course it should only be sangeyasha and only a Blade Destruction Game!

Quote Originally Posted by dyhalt View Post
    oh best again...
    of course it should only be sangeyasha and only a Blade Destruction Game!
    sarcasm/cynism much?

eij

what about Agito Replica, is it any good to extend?
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Agito Replica is better than Kokuintou Hozuki to extend, mainly because it has 20%+ PA damage, its dead even with Hozuki for damage on single/two target enemies, against enemies with more than 2 targets, Replica does more damage because of Target lock + 1.

That isn't even mentioning Bugei Set, which gives it 240+ ATP and 100+ ATA, making it the strongest Sword in the game. Of course, Soul Phoenix is better than both Replica and Hozuki for bosses because of Target lock + 2.

Soul Phoenix is easiest to find, Agito Replica is easiest to make full use of (don't need to spend two or three hours unsealing it, better to use on general mobs than SP).
    Last edited by Shakuri; Dec 23, 2010 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Agito Replica is better than Kokuintou Hozuki to extend, mainly because it has 20%+ PA damage, its dead even with Hozuki for damage on single/two target enemies, against enemies with more than 2 targets, Replica does more damage because of Target lock + 1.

That isn't even mentioning Bugei Set, which gives it 240+ ATP and 100+ ATA, making it the strongest Sword in the game..
    Ah, yes, but as I think Wayu has already argued, with Kokuintou Hozuki, you can wear a better set of armour than Bugei.
    Besides the the fact that while Agito Replica can get Incapacitate and tops Kokuintou Hozuki in purely damage terms, if unsealed before extending you can get burn/freeze/confusion/sleep/virus/drain at lvl 5.....thats why I'm getting it for my force at least, delicious lvl 5 freeze
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

BTW, you can get another 3 Extend Codes along with 4 Amusement Coupons from the Maximum Attack Cross Trade mission once you complete any MAX mission.

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    BTW, you can get another 3 Extend Codes along with 4 Amusement Coupons from the Maximum Attack Cross Trade mission once you complete any MAX mission.

-Wayu
    I just found that out yesterday! means I can blow one or two extending weapons I just like...

Now...I just need to find a group to do one online with, only DLC mission I've done so far is JUMP, with defending the (Naura?) sisters
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    **** that Clad 6 with your Monomate??? How will that work lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    Its the future, they've now unlocked the secrets to boob teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson The FOmar View Post
    Ah, yes, but as I think Wayu has already argued, with Kokuintou Hozuki, you can wear a better set of armour than Bugei.
    Besides the the fact that while Agito Replica can get Incapacitate and tops Kokuintou Hozuki in purely damage terms, if unsealed before extending you can get burn/freeze/confusion/sleep/virus/drain at lvl 5.....thats why I'm getting it for my force at least, delicious lvl 5 freeze
    You don't need Bugei to have Agito be equal to Hozuki for regular mobs, and its better by default against bosses. The only real draw to Hozuki from a use perspective is the level 5 S.E's, which for the most part are all fairly mediocre. Burn was nerfed in this game, Freeze typically gets broken in the next 1-3 hits, Confusion is only useful against tech casting enemies, Sleep and Virus are worthless, and Drain is just a viable substitute to heal HP as you're using a PA.

Typically when you're going for the best of the best, you'd want damage, and with set bonuses you get a lot more of it. I use the Mitama-Set as my CAST Hunter and have zero problems getting through the Max missions with it, so there is absolutely no reason why a Vanguard of the Newman/Beast variety should avoid it. Considering the fact that Vanguards have near twice as much EVP as Hunters, they can easily still buff their EVP to the point of melee negation (Feril / legs x 3, EVP boosting S rank weapon, Anti / Up + lvl 11-20 Deband). It'll pretty much make you even with a CAST Vanguard using Rabol Yiel (give or take the CAST having about 18 more EVP total). If CAST Vanguards can get Melee Negation with Yiel, so can Beast/Newmans using Bugei. Besides, the only people who seriously need EVP are Forces who have ditched Shield/Wand in favor of Psycho Wand.