Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acrotecher

Default Acrotecher

Why is Acrotecher the only class that can use S rank whips but it can't even get the photon arts over lv20?

Quote Originally Posted by psu dan View Post
    Why is Acrotecher the only class that can use S rank whips but it can't even get the photon arts over lv20?
    I was looking forward to being faster with the striking weapons but I can't even use the last parts. I find that pretty stupid that the class would be made with faster striking abilities and can't even go past lv 20/50 and holds the only S rank whips.

Quote Originally Posted by psu dan View Post
    I was looking forward to being faster with the striking weapons but I can't even use the last parts. I find that pretty stupid that the class would be made with faster striking abilities and can't even go past lv 20/50 and holds the only S rank whips.
    Acrotecher is more for support TECHNICs than attack TECHNICs and striking Photon Arts..

Quote Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
    Acrotecher is more for support TECHNICs than attack TECHNICs and striking Photon Arts..
    None of this is true. Well, technically it is, but it's not an efficient way to play.

To answer the actual question - I've no idea why other classes can't use the good whips, but level 20 is enough for all parts of the PAs since single handed weapons only have 2 parts. Twin Daggers have 3, but you can use GAS points to raise your PA limits above 20 and get the third part that way.

You may find other useful things in my Acrotecher guide:
    http://psu.system11.org/blog/?page_id=649
    Last edited by bloodflowers; Dec 25, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

I hate how the Acro classes are the only classes to have the exclusivity of S-rank Slicers and Whips. It doesn't seem fair to me. In my opinion, I think Fortefighters should be outfitted with S-rank Whips, and Fighgunners with S-rank slicers. I think that would be really entertaining, but we all know Sega isn't going to update classes further.

Well, if wasn't because of SEGA's randomness when making last classes, I'd prefer WTs getting the S rank whips rather than FFs as whip seems to be a force weapon, but of course, that happened too with cards and AF got them.
    Last edited by Darki; Dec 25, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Wartecher should have S rank whips, and shouldn't have S rank knuckles.

Well, I don't use knuckles so amen, dude. xD

oo.. an acrotecher thread? something i can relate to.

i never equip whips on me or any other attack weps besides wands and tech mags.

since i am mostly a support acro. i sold all of my 10/10 weps excepts oone which is a C rank. because what is the use of it. when i am just debuff, buff, and healing. except . i kept one 10/10 weps for striking and on top of it is like giresta. because the other players are getting the big hits while im supporting and attacking a little and the mission goes by quick. after i heal everyone and debuff the creatures then i can attack.but then when someone gets like minor burn. i must do my job. and then go back.

so yeah. there are no whips or any other attack weps on. me. besides wands and tech mags.

Lately, I've found myself using more melee than techs as a newearl AT. I put my "dam" techs away to create more room for other photon arts. I usually use attack techs based on the situation. Support is provided when needed.

S rank whips are fine for AT, with increased attack speed, you can inflict status effects nicely, in addition to dealing multi-target damage. with GAS, you can get lv30 whip PAs which is a nice touch.