Default Untitled Story (liek srsly)

This is a character synopsis from one story of a set of mangas I planned on writing. I don't have a title for this one, yet, but basically it's a story about two brothers that are famous engineers in a steampunk-ish world. I'm mostly posting this to see how many people are interested, and then if I get around to it, I'll post the "script", and then maybe even the finished product if I ever actually implement the story. Here goes nothing. x3

Main Characters:

Doctor: Malfunctioning android; creation of Werner and Gaston Gildroy. Is meant for medical duties, but
    is generally made to do menial housework. Is nearly entirely insane and tries to help in many situations where he deems it necessary, although he inevitably makes the situation worse. Has brown, semi-long hair. Wears glasses with rectangular frames. His appearance can vary greatly depending on what he deems necessary at the time.

Werner Gildroy: Elder sibling of the Gildroy Brothers, and is well known as a brilliant engineer. Runs an automaton shop with his brother and business partner Gaston. He built Doctor, who he considered to be his greatest creation until a single, careless mistake caused his new creation to lose all common sense. Although he wants to scrap Doctor and forget about his error, he finds himself keeping Doctor around because he feels a fatherly bond with him through being his creator.

Gaston Gildroy: Younger sibling of the Gildroy Brothers. He looks up to his brother as a mentor and a father figure, although Werner's overconfidence often wears on his nerves. Doctor is his best friend; Gaston is the only person who can make sense of Doctor's generally pointless banter and is the only person to put up with Doctor's frequent misadventures. While he is friendly to Doctor, he feels regretful that he may have been the one to cause the android's insanity and takes it upon himself to fix whatever wrongs Doctor may commit.

Susanna Middleton: Beautiful and intelligent member of a wealthy family in the Gildroy Brother's hometown, and was a childhood friend to Werner, although his elder by two years. She is very kind and generous, having donated to the Gildroy Brother's projects on many occasions. She even helps the two at times, lending what little extra muscle she can to help aid them in their efforts. Due to her prominence in his life, Susanna is the object of Werner's affections, although she is too naive to notice his numerous advances. Unfortunately, Susanna's father has noticed Werner's feelings for her, and he constantly goes out of his way to thwart Werner's attempts at wooing his "sweetheart".

Fiona "Fio" Kelvin: Fiona is a tomboyish young engineer, who is exactly the same age as her self-proclaimed rival, Werner Gildroy. Fiona is a child prodigy and is famous across the land for her many inventions, including a steam-driven mech dubbed "Kelvin Rex MK.III". While a genius and extremely well known, she isn't as popular as Werner, due to her less-than-award-winning personality; this is what drives her to attempt to outdo the Gildroys every possible way, and her competitive behaviors get the Gildroy Brothers into trouble on many occasions. Although she appears to be less-than-friendly at times, she is actually a kind soul, and also has a romantic attraction to Werner, although she does a fantastic job of hiding her true feelings.

Jacko: A mysterious figure who threatens to ruin the (somewhat) peacful lives of the townsfolk. Little to nothing is known about him, although he is considered psychotic, and spends his time doing nothing but building small automatons called Gadgets that skulk about and cause trouble wherever they go. Jacko has caused trouble for the Gildroys many times; Werner has often suspected Jacko as a reason behind his father's disappearance.

Supporting Characters:

Hansel Gildroy: Prodigal father of Gaston and Werner, who mysteriously vanished after the death of his wife Amelia Gildroy. When he disappeared, he left Werner with nothing but a cryptic message and the design for Doctor, whom he intended to take care of his sons in his absence. Once a world-famous engineer, he has not been heard of in the five-year period between his disappearance and the beginning of the story, and his absence has caused a huge stir in the industrial world. This has also turned much attention to his sons, who do not appreciate various recruitment visits from their father's former
    company.

Maximus "Max" Braunsdorf: Head of an engineering clan that Hansel Gildroy was once a prominent part of. With his group left devestated after Hansel's disappearance, he seeks to enlist the Gildroy Brothers, whom he predicts to grow and become of even greater talent then their father. The two brothers do not appreciate Maximus' constant attempts, however, and their repeated refusal has caused Max to stoop to low levels in order to try and enlist them.

More coming soon...
    Last edited by DoctorQuark; Jan 22, 2011 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQuark View Post
    Main Characters:

Doctor: Al Elric (armor)

Werner Gildroy: Edward Elric

Gaston Gildroy: Al Elric (human)

Susanna Middleton + Fiona "Fio" Kelvin: Winry

Jacko: Homonculus

Supporting Characters:

Hansel Gildroy: Ed & Al's dad

Maximus "Max" Braunsdorf: Pride
    -Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    -Wayu
    I can see where you're going with Gaston Gildroy and his father, but I dunno about the rest. x3

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Not reading your story (plans, principle characters) until you take my quote out of your sig.

Shits an old locked topic nobody is supposed to talk about, and

The comments are property of their posters. All the rest © 2000-2010 PSO-World.com.
    Even reported to admin, but nobody took action.

-Hayu

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    Not reading your story (plans, principle characters) until you take my quote out of your sig.

Shits an old locked topic nobody is supposed to talk about, and

Even reported to admin, but nobody took action.

-Hayu
    Oi? As if I realized that. x3 *tosses a mallet at Hayabusa* Will remove promptly.

Sheesh. :3

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

No worries. Thanks for quick action and sorry for opening your thread with that, but forgot about it myself, and didn't contact you elsewhere after reportin' em, didn't check if gone yet. As if I realized I was quoted in somebody's sig and all that either. Nobody told me! Found out the hard way-how you think I feel?!

Cardinal rule of storytelling, even the RP/Fanfics too:

Its just as much about how cool your story is, as it is about how cool your characters are. & if this guy is seeing some derivative types that might even come outta the same ensemble withing one show, well it might be time to reevaluate those, put a different characteristic, new spin on em, or redesign em from the ground up perhaps. Only if you believe the criticisms though, gotta be open to opinions.

Most things running through doctor and how the characters feel about him or have connections to him? I can dig it.

Yes, that's the idea. Despite the fact that he's completely insane, the story is generally told through either his point of view or Werner's. If it's through Doctor's point of view, it's usually him looking into the situation from the outside as he gets into a bunch of trouble. x3 And I understand about the whole other situation. I realize that all must have been a pain. xP

Oh, and on another note, I've decided I'm gonna name it "Heart of Gold" if I ever do end up making it into an actual manga. The reason behind that, I won't say yet. x3 I might end up posting a few pieces of concept art later.