View Poll Results: What have you seen happen in freeplay? (the descriptions of the answers are below)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cross-Breed Chaos

1 8.33%
  • Wrong Weapon Worries

3 25.00%
  • Boss Fight BS

3 25.00%
  • Elemental Idiocy

2 16.67%
  • Chating Catastrophy

3 25.00%
  • Ultimate N00bitism

7 58.33%
  • Other

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I used a slicer for most of the boss fights. Dunno if that constitutes as stupidity or borderline cheating, since all I have to do is sit in a corner and toss my high-tech boomerang at bosses. Seems effective, and I'm free to heal everyone, but still, I'm sure I could probably boost as well since I'm already a FOmar.

Still, I love the slicer. Cheap or not, it works wonders and is fairly accurate.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Hate to burst your bubble, but fairly accurate is the worst lie possible, as Slicers have the absolute lowest average accuracy for any weapon type. You can do the math for yourself, but the highest level slicer has the lowest ATA of any other highest-ATA weapon from all the other weapon categories.

As far as using it and being considered a noob, I can't say how it would be related. Slicers are complete boss-crushers by those who use them properly, but I can see how others might be slightly annoyed by you using it and just sitting in a corner while they take most of the hits and whatnot. So long as you're actually supporting them while doing it, I can't see how it would make you considered a noob. I use slicers on bosses all the time, but I also make sure to help the others when necessary, but that's mostly because I'm a support player, even as my RAcaseal; I'm always popping my Sols just when someone else gets poisoned from random incidents in the Dark Shrine, just because of my instincts on assistance, even if they could just cast Anti and rid themselves of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I hit pretty often with it. Perhaps I'm just lucky. And yes, I'm good about casting a few Restas or Support Stat boosters. Just ask Cryptic, I just played with him for a bit. Though, amusedly, an incident occured:

I got stuck in a capture trap. Cryptic destroyed it, however I still couldn't move. The trap had placed me inside a laser emitter trap, the non-destroyable kind. SO, I'm sitting there, stuck, and he's trying to get me out. Eventually, he rolls into me and knocks me off, making both of us take damage, but at least I can move again

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

If you're using it just on bosses, or not on SH difficulty, that might be why. Enemies don't really even have any respectable EVP until late Hard or SH, and bosses have almost no EVP whatsoever, making missing highly improbably in the first place (but not impossible; my barehanded FOnewm Lv100 was missing a few times against SH Falz, and bosses only have 1 EVP, so... <.<).
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Well... that really puts a dent in my smile. But I'll keep using my slicer. I absolutely think they're fantastic.

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Keep going with slicers, they have the longest range in the game. Especially if youre a FO, you need to be able to deal your damage from as great a distance as you can get at and still save your pp. And if you are healing people, thats probably one of the best ideas ive heard for boss fights.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

That Ultimate N00bitism always happens to me, Even if the player is a higher level. I usually just disconnect though lol. Also the one where using their weapon wrong is another norm for me.
    Two In Harmony Surpasses One In Perfection...

Quote Originally Posted by Clavat99 View Post
    Chating Catastrophy: The player wants to do nothing but chat during runs. (ex: They stand over in the corner and try to communicate with the preset phrases)
    Wait... people actually try to chat in freeplay mode beyond the obligatory "Hi, Bye, & Thanks"?

George Carlin was right... people are fucking goofy.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

Its like they are chatting in freaking code or something.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com