Page 1 of 58 12341151 ... LastLast

Default Demo Information/Changes

The demo is up, get it by clicking the red button at the site below.

When: Januaray 11th, 2011 for the demo, January 20th for infrastructure mode

What do I need? You will need a PSP, a memory card with at least 600 megabytes free, and if you wish to play online a PSN account, and a wireless internet connection

Where: Via the PSN, official website, UMD, or at one of the demo kiosks at participating Sega arcades.

How: PSN: Just download it.

PC: Download from the official site, connect PSP via USB, and then copy to the correct folder on your PSP.

UMD: Load the UMD and play. You'll be able to install the demo to any memory card with at least 600 megabytes free as well.

Internet Multimode: Download the Trial Licensce, available from January 20th, from the PSN. There will be a limited amount of these available so download yours early.

What can I do?
    • Raise your character level to 100
    • Raise your type levels to 20
    • Play the first two chapters of episode 1
    • Play the first chapter of episode 2
    • Use the Friend Search function
    • Play online from January 20th
    • Experience the new Visual Lobbies
    • Try out the new Infinity Mission system
    • Download missions
    • Participate in certain collaborations missions and use certain collaboration items
    • Take screenshots
    • Play certain battle missions
    • Play challenge missions
    • Customize your room

What can't I do?
    • Rebirth
    • Play most S-rank missions
    • Change your room music
    • Save more than 8 characters

Character Importing and Bonuses

PSUJP: Name, race, sex, parts/clothing carry over. As a bonus, you get one of four visual units (based on type) and the Exam saber.

PSPJP: Name, race, sex, parts/clothing carry over. As a bonus, you get one of four visual units (based on type) and the Exam saber.

PSP2JP: Everything, including items and partner card list, carries over. As a bonus, you get 4 Fusion (Phusion?) Codes to use to combine weapons. However, when you import a file with characters over the limits imposed by the demo, those characters will have their character levels frozen at their current state.

Related threads

Do not post or ask for links to the leaked version of the demo.
    Last edited by Mike; Jan 10, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: adding info

Sounds like a little new year present from Sega. The lv100 cap looks like a long running demo.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I should probably look into this. I haven't really read much about infinity to avoid spoilers but I like the sound of Rebirth ability.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

If I download this demo off of the official site, I'll be able to play it on an American PSP as long as I put it in the right folder, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by sdre34 View Post
    If I download this demo off of the official site, I'll be able to play it on an American PSP as long as I put it in the right folder, correct?
    Yes, it should be no problem. Too bad this won't be translated anytime soon. I'll probably get it and just take a first look and forget it. No point if I don't understand any of it...
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Should be able to (PSP games are region-free), but you won't be able to load US main game data for the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    Should be able to (PSP games are region-free), but you won't be able to load US main game data for the transfer.
    I'm going to attempt the story demo. No online though, because I can't get the license(?). Even if I could, everyone'll be talking in JP.

There are quite a few of us that will be getting the demo as well, myself included.

But with the licenses being in limited supply there's a chance that most of us won't be going online either. But with 8 slots and the character limits higher than PSPo2's demo...yeah you might not even miss it.

Right on. It will be nice to play around with the demo a bit. Maybe it'll convince me to import the game when I finish PSPo2.
    Last edited by pso_crash; Jan 1, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

If your character is over level 100 then what?
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm