Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

Haha, I don't slouch on my details. This guy does his homework, especially with such an ambitious project as this. Also, I am what one would call, "a mega fan" of the classic series, though I didn't really know much of it until I began researching it for the film. After learning all I could about all four games, I fell in love with the story and nothing will convince me that the modern iterations are as epic as these story-driven games.

I have also recently approached the two-man group known as NekoPrism. They are primarily known for creating brilliant remixes of classic Phantasy Star music. While we currently have Akaimizu of PSO-World spearheading the music development department (he also created the music for the trailer), NekoPrism seems to shine brightly in the area of high-energy action music that really resonates with the source material. The two members of the group go by the names Neko and Aero(prism). I have been collaborating heavily with Aero, who has been in charge of creating and mixing Phantasy Star tracks throught their twelve-year musical stint.

Aero approached Neko about Phantasy Star Prime and he quotes the following from Neko:

"While we were on Newgrounds.com, we were approached several times each month by would-be game designers and amateur movie producers that requested music from us and when we tried to get more details, next to none of them came back to us. Let this PSPrime guy show us real interest, then we'll see."

Aero is quoted saying:

"Your project WILL unfortunately suffer from the reputation established by other fan projects before it: everyone expects you to suddenly stop, give up and disappear... What do I think? My own fan-enthusiasm lead me to complete seven full remixes... Am I interested in working with you? Yes... You potentially have one pair of awesome musicians at your disposal, one of them being a hardcore PS fan and master remixer."

As far as fading away and giving up, this is not us.

I can guarantee that this will happen. My undying passion for the project will not let it die. I have been pouring my soul into it since last year and that will not be changing. When we run into an obstacle, no matter how large, we will stop and find away around it before we continue. We will take this approach step-by-step until it is complete and polished.

Anyway, pretty soon we will be dividing the music department into two cells, the action sequences, scored by NekoPrism, and Akaimizu, who will score everything else (which equates to about 75%+ of the first film). The second film will likely have the most action and fighting. The third film will have a climactic multi-phase battle like the other two, but will likely happen a bit earlier on than in the other films. The third movie will be more focused on wrapping up the story of Earth and tying everything together.

NekoPrism's YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Aeroprism

(My favorite track is Death Trance!)
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Aug 4, 2011 at 11:43 PM.

They said the truth, the internet is full of failed fan-projects, so the only way to avoid disappointment is to "not believe" too much in them until they are finished

Ok I could see that guy cosplaying Searren, I'll give you that

Ah, but belief and motivation are what have driven us to this point. This project has pretty much become front-and-center of my life, so if it were to crumble, then so would my dream. Therefore, I will be doing everything in my ability to keep that from happening. I will be utilizing all available resources to make this a reality. This is not just talk, nor has it ever been. It will happen no matter how long it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Ok I could see that guy cosplaying Searren, I'll give you that
    One more point for Done Right living up to its name.

UPDATE: 08/17/11

New concept art! Today I will be revealing the art for the standard FiestCorp Saber. Note the photon gauge near the base of where the blade would be, as well as a trigger, which would be used to activate the Photon Drive function once the gauge reaches full.

Below is the Pistatol, a standard FiestCorp photon pistol.

UPDATE: 8/17/11

New scene location photos. Expect to see lots of city in Phantasy Star Prime! The details have been ironed out and as it turns out, blocking off small sections of this city for shooting isn't as expensive as you might think.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I was just wondering about this project. Nice to know that it's still going strong. Seeing your sets and concept arts is kinda exciting. I can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much for this!
    It would be cool to get some Cosplay fans of PS3 & PS4 together to make a film. Not some hour long movie, but a short film.
    Triton. At your service.