Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

Default For All Who Love the Classic Titles

If you love the Genesis titles that started it all, hopefully you will get excited at the sight of this movie trailer that coincides with the Sega Genesis titles. It takes place in the event that Aron's Ending at the end of Phantasy Star III was the "true ending". Enjoy, and I hope you look forward to more on this project!

Ok, the end of the trailer excited me, I'll give you that

Consider me intrigued.

You really put everything togheter quite well. As our conversation as told you, nothing is better than PSIII to link everything togheter

Keep up the excellent work!

Very nice trailer. Looking forward to it.

It seems RubyEclipse liked the trailer as well!

VIDEO UPDATE: 2/1/11

My father asked me for the HD version of our first teaser trailer for the first Prime film, but would not tell me why. Today, I found out why. He is a projectionist for a living, and he used the HD trailer footage to plug our film in a MOVIE THEATER in Jacksonville, Florida! I download the video from the link he sent me about half an hour ago and I was surrounded by the main cast of the film. We did not know what we were about to see. When we figured out it was in a movie theater, we all completely lost it! Here is the footage he took with his I-Pod inside the theater. There didn't seem to be many people in the theater at the time, but I didn't care, our movie trailer was on the BIG SCREEN! Not just any big screen, an I-MAX screen!

In this second video, the trailer is set to loop as the projectionist takes video footage from several angles within the empty theater after the feature presentation was over and the people were gone. There are some pretty funny angles in this video, especially from the front row!

Everyone on the team hopes that this is a sneak peak of our future.
    Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Feb 1, 2011 at 08:17 PM.

It is so awesome. It must really be like a dream for you right now To have even your trailer on the big screen. Congratulations!!!

Forever protecting Gurhal Deco_Bryl's Avatar

When I was watching the trailer, I was very confused. Then, at the end, it suddenly made sense. I was, like, "Whoa!"

Good job! I love the premise. It's nice to see the original Phantasy Star series get some love. I like the music particularly. I'm really curious about that whole stolen technology bit. And it's really cool your dad showed off your work like that!

UPDATE: 2/10/11

In order to familiarize myself further with the source material, I recently played Phantasy Star III all the way through (following Aron's lineage, of course). Since I was gathering as much information as possible for the film, I painstakingly took the time to talk to each and every townsperson I came across to gather tidbits of information to piece together the big picture of what the situation aboard the Alisa III was at around the time where it was about to travel through time and space via a black hole to arrive at Earth. I feel accomplished by doing this, and I know have SO much more information to work with when rewriting the original script. I project the new script for the first film alone will be about four to five times the size of the original idea for the film. Of course, we will be cramming a lot into three-hour increments, but we will be cutting some scenes and making a nip here and a tuck there so that we don't go overboard with the length. We will, of course, include all the cut footage on the bonus DVD of each film. The entire story of the first script is but a fraction of the overall scope of what will be going on in the first film!

I'm going all out with attention to detail too. I plan to do justice to fans of the old and the new iterations of Phantasy Star. I will be drawing up a floor plan of the Alisa III that includes a detailed cutaway view of all the ship's tunnels, domes, and functional systems. I aim to use this as a guideline to set up the MANY scenes that will take place aboard the Alisa III itself! The goal is to be so accurate that you can watch any scene aboard the Alisa III, then go back to the game and think, "Wow, that town/castle/dungeon looks EXACTLY like it did in the movie!"

On a side note, I also just invested in roughly $600+ in new recording equipment for this project. I'm pretty amped about it coming in the mail! ^_^
    Also, pretty soon, I plan on dropping a couple thousand dollars on a Hollywood-caliber camera. The current expenditure amount on this project to date is nearly $2,000 and counting. We're going all out with this one.