Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

UPDATE: 2/23/11

The Done Right Productions page has just been updated with new media surrounding Phantasy Star Prime. A new photo album entitled "Returning Characters" has been added. In it, you can see high-quality images of the characters from Phantasy Star II and III that will in fact be playing some sort of role in Phantasy Star Prime. Each image has a caption that depicts a little about that character and possibly a little about their role in the films. You can view the album by following the link below. Don't forget to click the "Like" button on the Done Right Productions main page there so that you can always get your Phantasy Star Prime media updates first!

Photo Album - Returning Characters:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...2726&aid=56897

Good job on the CGI

I can't wait to see what actor will play each of these role and what they will look like.

Have you ever heard of the Dream Cast website, one of the cool and popular Phantasy Star website in the old days that was trying to make casting for every character in the series if a movie was ever made? You could do something like this with your facebook page once you get the actor. If you never saw the website

http://www.ripplinger.us/camineet/

I've been following this production for a little while now, and I gotta say I'm incredibly impressed. PS3 was my first game and Aron was the first char I beat it with.

I'd also like to add that I'm very happy you've taken the time to get you facts right and are taking the time to get all the details, no matter how small, right.

I tip my hat to you sir! and keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing this completed
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

UPDATE: 4/26/11

I took a day off from the script yesterday and whipped together a dance mix of some of the music being used in Phantasy Star Prime. I always used to love these kinds of mixes when I heard them on the radio back in the '90s, but I'm sure they're just as prevalent now as they were then. Anyway, I put the track to a slideshow video of concept art, screenshots, etc of things relevant to the Prime films. I apologize if some of the music bits sound a little out of place, I haven't quite mastered Mixcraft. I know Akaimizu could easily breeze through this, but I still think it turned out pretty good.

You can download the track by clicking on the link below.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PP5WAXMC

I ask that all our followers please visit the following thread and voice your opinion on the artistic direction of Phantasy Star Prime! Your thoughts matter!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188504

UPDATE: 7/12/11

Yesterday we had more auditions for Phantasy Star Prime. We got 5 more actors, one of which is an actor by the name of Johnathan Wong who did a very good job fitting into the role of Wren. Some of you may be familiar with Wren from Phantasy Star III. Believe it or not, this guy is actually 38 years old! He is also an avid fan of anime, cosplaying, science fiction, and fantasy. Plus, on top of his acting, he even looks the part. How could we pass him up?

After hiring on a few new actors, we put casting on hold yet again. We're taking the casting aspect in spurts. We don't want to hire too many early on and then have them dropping off here and there due to inactivity because of pre-production and having to fill in the holes of the cast just before shooting.

As I stated before, I have been typing away at the script non-stop in the past month. Several new pages are added nearly each night and the script is coming together... actually, faster than I thought it was going to. This is good news, seeing as how the more script that is completed, the more we have our physical workload brought into focus, as far as what props and sets will need to be built, what permissions will need to be obtained, etc.

As of right now, we're more than an hour and a half into the first movie and we still have plenty to go! This means that the length and depth of the story is falling in line with our projections. The closer I get to the climax of the first film, the more I get to thinking about the use of monsters/creatures/biomonster/whatever you want to call them. Until very recently, the use of such creatures wasn't even in consideration, as this movie is about the people and the struggles between them. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there will be people out there who would be disappointed at the lack of creatures in the film. After all, killing monsters has always been at the heart of Phantasy Star, even moreso in the modern iterations of the franchise. It took me a while, but I have figured out a way to impliment the hostile creatures that the players of Phantasy Star III are familliar with into the story, give them a purpose, and even have it make sense as to why they're hostile even with the absence of Dark Force aboard the Alisa III. Expect to see lots of monsters, even though they aren't exactly spread evenly throughout the movie.

Also expect to see lots of action! That being said, while the movie does start out kind of fast, it picks up pretty slowly in the action department. You don't see the first real fight scene until at least 75 minutes in. Everything before that is ramping up to why this action happens in the first place. There is a lot of substantial plot brewing in this massive package and thus requires a lot of build-up and particularly explaination (especially if it's going to make sense to the general audience). Once it begins however, I can assure you that the pacing of the action will be smooth and steady. Also, expect a longer climactic battle than you're used to seeing in current Hollywood films. We're tired of seeing anti-climactic battles taking the place of a battle that should be truly epic. All I can say for now is that the final fight in the first film (well, in all the films really) will be a multi-phase battle requiring the abilities of all the party members to overcome.

It's great that this project of yours is coming along. The only question I have is this (I think it's kinda premature to be asking this anyways), when it's time to release the first movie, is it going to some select theaters or direct to dvd, or shown on you-tube?

Hahaha! Well, I guess it's worth asking, I suppose. Straight to DVD, else the flaming chariots of lawyers would rain their wrath down upon us. Sega knows we're doing this, and they're allowing us to continue what we're doing, but we wouldn't want to do anything too elaborate to fall from their good graces. The last thing we want is for them to turn into Nintendo, who are independent film Nazis. The Hero of Time looked great, but regardless of all the hard work they put into it, Nintendo shut them down. Right now however, Sega seems more chill about it, like Capcom. They didn't seem to mind Eddie Labron's live-action Megaman fan film.

The DVD will be free to anyone who wants one. When the movie is finished, I'll be going around on the threads asking who wants a free copy and gathering addresses to send them to. You also have the choice of waiting for the trilogy bundle pack, which may contain more goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    UPDATE: 2/10/11

In order to familiarize myself further with the source material, I recently played Phantasy Star III all the way through (following Aron's lineage, of course). Since I was gathering as much information as possible for the film, I painstakingly took the time to talk to each and every townsperson I came across to gather tidbits of information to piece together the big picture of what the situation aboard the Alisa III was at around the time where it was about to travel through time and space via a black hole to arrive at Earth.
    You know, being a mega-fan of the movie you're making really helps.