Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Better than Texas Pete. NabsTheCracker's Avatar

Default Requesting Help for Creating PSUJP Gameplay Guides

Alrighty! Well after a little bit of confusion after I got home... Here's my reworked post.

First and foremost, I would like to mention...
    To anyone interested in installing and playing on the PSU JP servers... The rumors are true, you can play for free, online!
    Although! From what I understand you cannot:
    • Trade with other players, or pick up items they drop.
    • Use your Player Room, thus preventing you from accessing the Player Shops.
    • No Special Missions

Hope not be broken, you can do:
    • Hit Level 180, as well as Level your different specializations.
    • Do all standard missions in each area.
    • Communicate with others.
    • A full use of the given Menus (Mails, Chatting, Friending, Groups)

Without further delay:
    Hello! Welcome to the Thread. Here I hope to have a layout of several guides for the JP PSU servers, including: Installing the game, creating an ID, paying for play time, Menus in-game, as well as whatever other miscellaneous things I may come across.
    I created this thread originally as a question thread about a Program, PSUJP Translator v0.1, which, I now have a guide to downloading, as well as some expectations you should have for it when you download it.
    However! After a bit of playing around, I discovered that a translator probably isn't going to happen! At least not an in-game translator. So, I decided, since there is no one solid place for all of your basic translated needs... I'd try to make one! For myself, and the players new to the JP Servers, or maybe who just don't fully understand exactly what they're doing.
    And here we are.

Currently, I have guides for:
    Installing the JP PSU Game
    Creating a JP User ID
    Installing PSUJP Translator v0.1

If you have anything you would like to add, or maybe you're not sure how to go about it... Or maybe you just have a question, or some criticism to offer! Post it here!

I hope to have here:
    A text/image layout of what the JP Menus mean, as well as Mission Counters, locations, etc etc.

As far as item names, to the extent of my knowledge you will have to do a bit of looking yourself to find these.
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; Jan 18, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

0.1? lol so its 1/10th from being complete? D:
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    0.1? lol so its 1/10th from being complete? D:
    i wish someone would do this

After posting those images in the original post, and messing around a bit with the program's capabilities (that I have figured out)...
    I have noticed it can do the following:
    • Translate item names, though, for me it is having problems doing so.
    • Translate text said by someone, but not their name
    • Mail messages, though, I haven't tried this yet.

If anyone knows of any additional functions of the Program, or how to operate a function, please, say so!

I would also like to ask, does anyone (or would you be willing), to take Screenshots of the US Verison of PSU's Menus? I would be more than happy to make a layout of what each menu (to some extent, I can't do the entire game, at least not quickly) does, so that there is some reference for those of us who cannot reach Japanese.. or who just aren't too adapted to the game's layout.

I would like to apologize, however, if there is some sort of (which I'm sure there is), active on-the-floor training going on through Pso-world members/staff; while I am not trying to ignore what else is going on, I would like to have a formal guide laid out, so that others in the future may use it without having to rely on others, as well as so I could introduce someone to the game, without having to spend quite so much time explaining exactly what's what.

Once again, thanks in advance to anyone who posts with some constructive criticism or information!
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; Jan 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM.

that program does not work too well(As in its a load)
    Dont worry ull pick it up and even faster if u played PSU before japanese is not that scary lol and can we exchange cards i can help with LV'ing.
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

Quote Originally Posted by XbikXBd View Post
    that program does not work too well(As in its a load)
    Dont worry ull pick it up and even faster if u played PSU before japanese is not that scary lol and can we exchange cards i can help with LV'ing.
    You say it doesn't work well, but do you know if anyone has developed on the program at all, or if there were add-ons floating around the internet somewhere to make it function better?
    It has been open for editing for a while now, has anyone from Pso-world picked it up and maybe buffered the program a little?

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    You say it doesn't work well, but do you know if anyone has developed on the program at all, or if there were add-ons floating around the internet somewhere to make it function better?
    It has been open for editing for a while now, has anyone from Pso-world picked it up and maybe buffered the program a little?

Ah well.
    Nope i asked the same thing when i join about a year and a half ago and ha i found you muhahaha.....in Psu......
    X360/JP

Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    To start: This post is a big lengthy due to pictures and explanations, asking about the PSUJP Translator v0.1

I yesterday heard about PSU being free over the Japanese SEGA servers, with limitations, so I decided to try it out.
    Though, obviously, everything is in Japanese due to this, and I was looking for a translator, eventually coming across PSUJP Translator v0.1.
    I installed the following items:
    python-2.6.6
    gtk-2.12.9-win32-2
    pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.6
    pygobject-2.14.2-2.win32-py2.6
    pygtk-2.12.1-3.win32-py2.6

Then proceeded to use them in that order, as the instructions from PSUJP Translator v0.1 informed me to.
    Although, after launching psujpt.py through Python, I have the Propt, and the PSUJP Translator v0.1 windows available, then I launch PSU.
    Although, I have no translations, anywhere.

Am I doing something blatantly wrong? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks for the help in advance.

EDIT:
    Well, it translates text from chat and when I pickup and item. Although, I would safely say it's not working well.

Screenshots of what I have managed to get out of the Program thus far;

^ No text in the above Screenshot (that is readable) was originally in Japanese, in any way shape or form. ^

Here is some successful translations, the text entered being the standard Shift+F1, Shift+F2, etc, "helpful phrases" text messages that are macro'd.

I would also like to mention, I really haven't much of any idea what I'm doing, as far as what this translator, or others are capable of. So any information would be of great help.
    i cant even download the translator can you upload your copy or something?

Quote Originally Posted by pstargod View Post
    No just no that program sucks lol he is working on a photo guide.
    X360/JP

Quote Originally Posted by pstargod View Post
    Installing PSUJP Translator v0.1 (not needed)
    Here's a guide, to contribute to the cause~.

This first guide is for a, somewhat mediocre, translator for Chat in-game for PSU. At the moment the ability for it to translate other things is broken, but I will try to find a way, or person who can, fix up the program so that it will translate more.
    Keep in mind, Menus and Voices will not be able to be translated, since they work a bit differently. I plan to work up some Menu Image Guides in the near future.

Images of the translator:
    Kanji to English translation of the "Helpful Phrases" Macro'd into the standard game for players.
    Spoiler!

What the Program will attempt to do when translating item names
    Spoiler!

Download these in order, and then install them in the order you downloaded them (or one at a time if you want):

1:
    PSUJP Translator v0.1
    http://psupedia.info/~essen/psujpt/
    This will give you a .zip file
    • psujpt-0.1.zip (this is what you unzip)

which you will unzip and get these files:
    • psujptcfg
    • psujpt
    • INSTALL.txt (these are instructors, similar to what I am telling you here)

I don't remember the extentions to those other 2 files.

2:
    Python 2.6.2:
    I downloaded Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.6) (sig), when you click it, it will star the download for:
    • python-2.6.6.msi

3:
    GTK+ Runtime:
    From: http://sourceforge.net/projects/glad...2.exe/download
    As soon as you open this page it will begin the download for:
    • gtk-2.12.9-win32-2.exe

PyCairo:
    From: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binar...2/pycairo/1.4/
    I downloaded pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.6.exe
    As soon as you click the file name, it will begin the download for:
    • pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.6.exe

PyGObject:
    From: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binar...ygobject/2.14/
    I downloaded pygobject-2.14.2-2.win32-py2.6.exe
    • pygobject-2.14.2-2.win32-py2.6.exe

PyGTK:
    From: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binar...32/pygtk/2.12/
    I downloaded pygtk-2.12.1-3.win32-py2.6.exe
    • pygtk-2.12.1-3.win32-py2.6.exe

Once you have all of these, or if you want to do it as soon as you get each one, either way, be sure to install it (by double clicking it and running the install wizard for each one. All you have to basically do is hit next over and over.)

After that, Open psujptcfg.py in a text editor like notepad (note: NOT MS Word!) and change the line 9 to the path to the log files you want to monitor

You can do this step by finding your psujptcfg file where ever you saved the first file you downloaded and unzipped. Then you right click it, and select Open With, and open it with Note Pad.

The 9th line in the file should look something like this:
    Spoiler!

If you're having trouble finding you SEGA Folder, you should be able to find it this way...
    Start -> Documents -> SEGA -> PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus -> LOG
    Within the LOG folder, there should already be a few .txt files you can open in Notepad. Right-click one of those and choose properties, and on the General Tab's page, you should see something like "D:\Users\Nabs\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\LOG".
    Spoiler!

You can copy-paste that by starting on the left side and pulling your mouse all the way to the right, and pasting that onto the 9th line of your psujptcfg file.
    Spoiler!

After that, just run your psujpt file by right-clicking it and choosing "Open with python."
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; Jan 19, 2011 at 03:59 PM.