Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Better than Texas Pete. NabsTheCracker's Avatar

Installing the Japanese Version of Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (required)

Before this Guide, I would like to mention, you may download, and play this game for free, while having it be legal! SEGA themselves put the Links on their site, as well as allow you to use their servers... With some downsides.
    You cannot do the following:
    • Use your Player Room
    • Trade with other Players
    • Pick up items dropping by other Players
    • Do special Quests

If I missed anything, please inform me, for the sake of others using this guide!

If a text/image based guide isn't for you, check out cristfc's Thread showing a YouTube video of the same process.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176829

This Game Client was downloaded, and Screenshotted via Windows XP Media Center Edition. Though I have also installed the game on Windows Vista Home, and Windows 7. If you have any other problems using a different operating system, I may not be able to help you. Regardless, please ask! I will try my best.

Downloading the Game Client (Free):

1: Finding the game files.
    You can find these at http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/downl.../httpdownload/
    Spoiler!

At the bottom of the page, there will be four links, you will need to download all four of theses. They will consist of:
    • setup.exe (503KB)
    • setup-1a.bin (2,050,285KB)
    • setup-1b.bin (2,050,782KB)
    • setup-2a.bin (1,245,877KB)

Once all four are downloaded, run setup.exe

Note: The middle button, in the bottom right, will be your next button for this install Wizard.

You will see this window:
    Spoiler!

Then this, which is just a Terms of Agreement message. Click the top check-circle, basically saying "Yes, I have read this."
    Spoiler!

Next is this window, which is asking you where you want to save the files.
    Spoiler!

And again.
    Spoiler!

Being as I'm not a master of Japanese, I just assume this one is asking if you would like to make a shortcut on your desktop.
    Spoiler!

Another "click the next button" screen
    Spoiler!

Then it will begin installing
    Spoiler!

After installing, you will most likely be asked to install an older version of DirectX, this is required to play. So go through this install Wizard.
    It's in English, so it should be self-explanatory.

After that you should be given a "Finish" type window on the installer for PSU:
    Spoiler!

Then another window to hit next on.
    Spoiler!

Then you're good to go!
    Hope this guide helped, if you're having any trouble, let me know!
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; Jan 19, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

Signing up for a PSU ID (required)

1. Go to: https://ipas.isao.net/signup_psu/psu...ut.htm&siteno=
    Here, the two boxes are basically just asking for you to insert your Email Address twice, the green button being "Submit."
    Spoiler!

2. This next page will basically telling you what it should say in the email you recieve.
    Spoiler!

You will want to click the link under "【登録情報入力ページ】" in your Email
    Spoiler!

Which will take you to this page, which is where you enter you information such as a name, ID, Male/Female, etc.
    You can just Copy-paste their "Example info" like I did, or you can enter your own... Keep in mind, I'm not entirely sure what it actually says.
    Spoiler!

Then you get a confirm your information screen
    Spoiler!

Then you will get another window, giving you download links if you did not already download the game.
    Spoiler!

At this time you need to check your E-Mail Inbox again for a second E-mail, containing your ID and Password to login.
    (I blocked the letters between the first and last characters of the password so you can't take this account, sorry~)
    Spoiler!

Now you're set to log in!

Although, if you're unsure how to do that, here's a quick guide! (Assuming you have the game installed, if you don't, check the post above this)
    Open PSU, and you should get this Menu:
    Spoiler!

Choose the second option
    Spoiler!

Then once you get to the "Hit Enter" screen, obviously hit enter.
    Then choose the middle option:
    Spoiler!

Now here is where you use the ID / Password you were E-mailed, in the second E-mail. You can't copy&paste, so have it memorized or have a way to see it while on the log-in screen.
    Spoiler!

Then just hit enter until you are here:
    Spoiler!

Then create your character, and enjoy!
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; Jan 18, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but I can't really get things off the ground without any real ability to translate.
    Is anyone willing to provide English Screencaps of the game menus, for translations?
    Or maybe you know the language well, and could translate the menus directly?
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; Jan 20, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

It says you need a zip code, but im from Canada would putting in my Postal-Code also work? Cause usually it doesn't work for anything to do with zip.
    Valium makes your soul get higher and enables faking fire... Queen bees lose to wasps, ritalin filled debutante, when you don’t like what you see hiding’s easy in a SUV. Schizophrenic photogenic, psychogenic hallucinogenic, manic depressive aggressive, psycho wards are so possessive, attention deficit disorder, hand held cassette recorder x_x

Quote Originally Posted by RedMussel View Post
    It says you need a zip code, but im from Canada would putting in my Postal-Code also work? Cause usually it doesn't work for anything to do with zip.
    dont put ur zip, just use the example they give u
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius