Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Default A few tidbits of info

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2011/01/110127d.html

Posted at Shougai PSO, from an interview in Dengeki Games (pp. 58-59):

* Development of PSO2 has been running alongside development of PSP2 Infinity.
    * Maybe we can expect to hear some kind of an announcement around the end of April. (The quote specifically mentions the Infinity Grand Prix finals as a time frame, which is April 24.)
    * PSO2 is not set in Ragol. It's not set in Gurhal, either! Expect an even larger system with more planets as symbolized by the game's logo.

/copy-paste

Added February 5

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2011/02/110206c.html

A few more bits of info from the Nationwide Fan Thanks Festival 2011 that was held yesterday in Japan. This info comes from a brochure that was handed out at the event.

* Even though PSO2 will not take place on Ragol, there will still be ties to the planet.
    * Field BGM will change as enemies appear and are defeated, just as it did in PSO and PSZ.
    Last edited by EspioKaos; Feb 5, 2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added a little new info here so it wouldn't be lost in the rest of the thread.

Im happy that it's not in Ragol or Gurhal I hope it is it's completely own game in setting, design, and story, but keeps game play aspects from PSU, PSO, and PSP

I've said it a million times and I'm gonna keep saying it till i get it. All u want is at least 1 screen shot or 1 piece of artwork so that I could see the style this game is going to have, since PSU and PSO have very different styles.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Not set in Gurhal or Ragol (aww, poor fanboys). Good, I say. Phantasy Star needed a brand-new atmosphere.

That's now one of two conditions PSO2 has fulfilled for me to buy it. The other being a combat system closer to PSU/P2's than PSO's.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jan 26, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Lol I'd love to bee able to hack webcams just to see PSO drama queens crying over this.

Now jokes apart, I feel a bit sad because of that thing too, I like the idea of a brand new universe to expplore (and as it was hinted, with many planets and stuff like that), but the idea of a link between PSO and PSU with this game would have made an awesome HUGE storylline that would be very nice.

At least I hope they link the timelines somehow.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I don't care if they're different systems or not. I just want the game to not suck.

Also, yes, screenshots would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I don't care if they're different systems or not. I just want the game to not suck.

Also, yes, screenshots would be nice.
    Seconding this.

WTB relevant info on gameplay systems. Hopefully the April announcement includes something of value...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

So far so good and how good this game is gonna be... looking at how good the portable games have come along I'm hoping we can trust this to become the ultimate Phantasy Star.

Also. Yes. In your face, PSO obsess'ors. 8D

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I am beginning to think this is gonna be PSU2 rather than PSO2. (I am not whining saying that!) All that subspace business is going on in PSP2, so I would not be surprised if that new system is the one where the Gurhalians settled at some point. Would be a way to include all the races PSU introduced, at least.

But bah, I am kinda sad about it not being set on Ragol.
    What about all that 'Arkz' and other writing we saw in the trailer back then, though? Should that not obviously point out a connection to PSO...?

im sure there will be some connection to PSO, especially since its being called PSO2 (unless they change the name which i wouldn't mind... PSO2 is kinda weird and unoriginal lol)
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

They have a good track with their '2' games lately, so I surely don't mind.