Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 Alpha invites coming with PSP2i and other ways

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/05/pso2_alpha/

The focus of today's "Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity National Fan Appreciation Festival 2011 supported by Calorie Mate" event was, as one might expect, PSP's upcoming Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, which is due for release on February 24. But Sega also provided a brief update on Phantasy Star Online 2.

PSO2 was first announced for Windows at the Tokyo Game Show last year, but we've heard little since. The silence should be coming to an end soon. At today's event, producer Satoshi Sakai announced that the game's alpha test phase will begin in the summer.

Participants for the alpha test will be chosen via drawing. To take part in the drawing, you'll need a special code which can be obtained in two ways.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity buyers will find a code included with the first print run of the game. When buying PSP2i, you'll be able to tell if your copy of the game has the code because it will be marked in yellow on the package. Buyers of the PSN download version will not get the code.

Sega will also be distributing codes to Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst players. Further details will be announced later.
    hmm to import just for a CHANCE to win a code or not?

No love for PSP Go users?

And the test will be in the summer? Wow. Sounds like they've been having this game under wraps long before its announcement to be able to create a test this soon.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

PSO2's been under production alongside Infinity, so not surprised.

Sucks for me, though (PSPgo).

-Wayu

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

LOL @ Calorie mate...bought time somebody made the connection to that and monomate.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    No love for PSP Go users?

And the test will be in the summer? Wow. Sounds like they've been having this game under wraps long before its announcement to be able to create a test this soon.
    To be fair, it is only the Alpha.

That said... I hope they get it right this time.
    Coming Soon!

I'm just waiting for the following announcement:

The next Phantasy Star game in the franchise, originally codenamed PSO2 has been revealed today. The new game will officially be called:

"Phantasy Star Online: HD"

PS:HD will be a 10 Episode game featuring Episodes 1-4 from the previous installments, as well as 6 additional Episodes. The graphics have been re-done to meet with current standards, several other enhancements to the games original features will be included as well.

More information to come in future months.

Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO

I for one am glad they aren't supporting the PSPgo! Horrid idea, IMO.

But I think the real reason its not for the Go is because the PSP is one of the most, if not the most, pirated thing ever lol. And I'm sure the Phantasy Star games get pirated a lot too, so if they include something that only the retail version has then more people will buy the actual game lol

I was thinking about importing PSP2i for the extra chance at this Alpha, but it is only an alpha and I can wait for the beta (that is, if the beta is open :O )
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

prince of darkness rise urbanus's Avatar

now thats good news
    ship 2 block 20 names Jettai

Quote Originally Posted by Arkios View Post
    I'm just waiting for the following announcement:

The next Phantasy Star game in the franchise, originally codenamed PSO2 has been revealed today. The new game will officially be called:

"Phantasy Star Online: HD"

PS:HD will be a 10 Episode game featuring Episodes 1-4 from the previous installments, as well as 6 additional Episodes. The graphics have been re-done to meet with current standards, several other enhancements to the games original features will be included as well.

More information to come in future months.

I would fly a plane into Sega's headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    I would fly a plane into Sega's headquarters.
    9/11 on a smaller scale.