Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I honestly don't get the people that just want PSO with better graphics and more content. We got that, with Ep 2 and Blue Burst. Hell, we got that with Phantasy Star Zero.

And you know what? That little game we played over a decade ago, it hasn't aged as gracefully as your rose tinted glasses are leading you to believe. It's clunky and its dated. It's still good, not denying that, but releasing a game like that today would be like eschewing ten years of game design.

Oh wait, I guess sega did that with PSU.

I guess what I'm saying is, PSO cannot simply be re-released, and PSU was a step in the wrong direction, as was AoI, and PSP, and PSP2. I've heard all the arguements for PSP2 at this point, and the fact is, when it takes you 4 incarnations to get a game to the point that its playable, you were never "fixing" anything, you were polishing a turd the whole time.

So what we need is PSO2 to be fresh. It needs to be a modern action RPG, that takes everything that PSO (and the few thigns PSU) got right, and expand upon them.

But of course, MOST of you knew that already.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Looks like I better start going on Premium Course on the 20th.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    I honestly don't get the people that just want PSO with better graphics and more content. We got that, with Ep 2 and Blue Burst. Hell, we got that with Phantasy Star Zero.

And you know what? That little game we played over a decade ago, it hasn't aged as gracefully as your rose tinted glasses are leading you to believe. It's clunky and its dated. It's still good, not denying that, but releasing a game like that today would be like eschewing ten years of game design.

Oh wait, I guess sega did that with PSU.

I guess what I'm saying is, PSO cannot simply be re-released, and PSU was a step in the wrong direction, as was AoI, and PSP, and PSP2. I've heard all the arguements for PSP2 at this point, and the fact is, when it takes you 4 incarnations to get a game to the point that its playable, you were never "fixing" anything, you were polishing a turd the whole time.

So what we need is PSO2 to be fresh. It needs to be a modern action RPG, that takes everything that PSO (and the few thigns PSU) got right, and expand upon them.

But of course, MOST of you knew that already.
    So fresh and so clean,clean.~
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Cool. Finally some news.

Too bad I'm getting the downloadable version though. :[

Ugh, wish so bad I could get a code to get in to thatt alpha. Damn you SoJ!

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

Long as one person here is in the alpha, I'm sure we'll have all the pictures, videos, early impressions we'll need.
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

Challenge Mode ...Fanatic Aerilas's Avatar

I've never been so sad that I don't own a PSP or speak japanese...
    Phantasy Star Online:
    Challenge Mode (TA!) player.

Looking for someone willing to help with a signature .

I sold my psp =(.(I never knew all these ps game's where coming though,I would have never sold it.)
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Ummm... no not standards. We need to have some advanced stuff going on. :L