Post Reporting Hackers in PSP2

Originally I wanted to make a thread discussing organizing against the hacker threat, but after talking to Ryna and finding out that there isn't yet a thread explaining how to report hackers I've decided to outline that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Eclipse
    If you guys spot anyone cheating or hacking in the game, please submit a ticket to us with their ID# at http://help.sega.com . If you could include pictures or other proof that will prove they’re cheating beyond a doubt, it would also be extremely helpful.
    Our teams will then check to verify if the user has been cheating, and if we find evidence to prove so, will ban them from the game.
    From what I've heard; For the Japanese version, Sega has already set up a website for those to report “wicked users”. You will need to register a Sega account to submit a ticket on the Sega support page. Under support they have no specified field for reporting, so it would fall under Other. I recommend you do take a photo, using a cell phone or whatever you have on hand. The form to submit a ticket doesn't allow you to attach images, the only other way you can attach an image is by uploading to a site like Photobucket and attaching the link at the end.

To Display Online IDs
    Press Start
    Click System
    Click Option
    Click Player Data Display
    Select Online ID.
    Write a report on the offending action taking place and be as descriptive as possible.

Also, remember that online cheaters who are the party leader can affect your data as well. I'm not sure how Sega will handle reports of users who’s save files were affected. You may want to make daily backups of your save file by connecting your PSP to the computer through a USB port. You can also not save if you notice something suspicious.

Copy the games save data folder to your computer to back it up:
    YOURPSP\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULUS10529\
    The name of your PSP / the drive its listed at, may vary. The folder name will be different for the EU and JP versions, I believe NPJH50043 is the name in the JP version.

Please report all hackers you see to Sega, and not list any of them here on the forum. Particularly, if you see someone asking for money to hack they are braking laws in addition to braking their agreement with Sega in playing the game. Note that some of these hackers who form parties with a title asking people to pay them are wary of people going into their games to report them. If you go into one of these games and don't see them right away, look for where their text bubbles are coming from. If the text appears to be coming from between the Battle and Style shop walls they are on the Ship.

Edit:
    If someone says they are hacking you can go into the chat log and photograph it.
    To Access The Chat Log:
    Press Start
    Click Community
    Click Chat Log
    Last edited by Sweek; Feb 6, 2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added additional information
    ...and evil was unleashed upon the earth...

I disagree, you honestly believe there is no such thing as a new player, who might not know how to report a hacker? Your response however is entirely redundant and unnecessary, I can't fathom why you would need to respond to a thread just to say you don't see a reason to read or respond to it.

what I'm going to ask is very much possibly redudant but I have to: which are the signs of a hacker? we have already ruled out relationship between playtime and lvl 200, since spamming magashi plan can make you reach that very quickly.

All you've done is re-post what is posted in this very forum plus some vague information about reporting players in the japanese version. I don't think it would help anyone you can't already read japanese anyways.

Dark Ansem: The only way to really tell at a glance would be actions that are not supposed to be possible in normal gameplay such as the ability to use all weapons at an S rank ability. But honestly it is probably pretty hard to prove if someone is cheating. The best way to avoid cheaters is to group people you are familiar with and avoid joining random parties.

that is just a ridicolous cheating. God mode is so boring. can't really understand those who do it.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

This thread has been added to the floating sticky for anyone who may need it.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Dark Ansem: One effective way I've noticed to tell for sure if someone is a hacker, is ask them. I go into games with groups of lvl200s and will specifically ask them if they hacked, generally they openly admit it. Another way to tell is if they are using the exp hack, if during a mission all the enemies are giving unnatural amounts of experience. What psocrash said is correct, having all equipment at S rank is an indicator. Also if they are level 200 and have too few kills for that to be possible.

psocrash: Your statement is not accurate, you should reread the original post in this thread. I spoke with Ryna pecifically about whether a thread like this existed on the forum, she said it did not. My thread does quote Ruby Eclipse saying that people should report hackers to Sega, then it goes on to explain how you can do that.
    Last edited by Sweek; Feb 6, 2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typos and grammar.

fair enough. My bad