Page 214 of 466 FirstFirst ... 114164204211212213214215216217224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4655

Assassin's Creed 3. I had started playing it at 10pm MST(12am EST-9pm PST) and unaware of the time it was already 5am(7am EST-4am PST). The last time I did something like this was with Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY Edition.

Originally I was gong to play until the maintenance was over for PSO2, but this game made sure I wasn't going to do such a thing.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Was playing "The Last Story". The graphics were slick for a Wii presentation, and the voice acting/localization was quite well done. You could tell they had a lot of fun with it, and the accents (while thick) didn't come off as badly stereotypical. At least, to my untrained Yankee ears. The story has been fairly simple - but enjoyable thus far. Though I keep expecting the dramatic death of Dagran at some point. You see, while the main hero (Zael) shares Dagran's dream of being a knight, it's not really HIS dream. It's Dagran's, and it's Dagran who is presented as being the most experienced, the most driven, and the most tactful. Modern media tropes have pretty much conditioned me to expect the eventual passing of the guard, the death of the master to make room for the student to enter the spotlight and exceed his accomplishments. After, of course, a good deal of soul searching when all seems lost, and the rallying back to the hero's path. It happened to Chaz with Alys, and even to Rocky with Mick & Apollo Creed.

The gameplay isn't as solid or interesting as the story, however. I like the dynamic switching between melee and ranged arrow types for strategic effect during battle - and the use of special moves to spread buffs/debuffs or disrupt enemy buffs/healing. So even though your character isn't a mage, he is still necessary in order to make the most OUT of your mages. However, since movement and attacking are both tied to the analog stick - you'll often find yourself in situations where you're surrounded by enemies (activating your powers is effectively an aggro magnet) and unable to escape since movement in any direction activates an attack on the nearest enemy. Dodging and rolling out of the way is a finicky proposition, and not a dependable strategy to fall back on.

I only made it up to Chapter 20~ish since I encountered a game-breaking bug in the haunted mansion where one of my characters wouldn't exit a coffin, and when he finally did - it didn't register him as rejoining my party. Since I need him to move on - and I have no way to exit - I have to start over from scratch. I think I'll pass, and just sent it back. If you play it, I recommend using at least two saves. One a general purpose save, and one as a backup for when you first enter a new area.

Oh, and one more thing... this game has a unique way of making me feel like a complete shitbird. See, party members and random NPCs are pretty populous and will often crowd streets, alleys, bars, and other areas you need to navigate - and when you get near them, if you're moving any faster than a tediously slow stroll, you'll slam into them mosh-pit style and send them sprawling backwards in shocked confusion and anger. I know they're just emotionless clouds of 1's and 0's, but it's still feels like a pretty dick thing to do when all I want to do is get from point A to B in a timely fashion.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Aside from PSO2, I've paused during my 3rd Golden Sun & The Lost Age playthrough to try Scurge Hive. I'm liking it so far.

i liked golden sun but the lost age kinda felt rushed and unguided.

I've been playing a mix between runescape, borderlands, and on the side occupying myself with trying to build an overpowered PC at low cost.

My laptop died so i haven't been playing much not that my desktop is any better/worse just others use it so more chance to get interrupted :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    The gameplay isn't as solid or interesting as the story, however. I like the dynamic switching between melee and ranged arrow types for strategic effect during battle - and the use of special moves to spread buffs/debuffs or disrupt enemy buffs/healing. So even though your character isn't a mage, he is still necessary in order to make the most OUT of your mages. However, since movement and attacking are both tied to the analog stick - you'll often find yourself in situations where you're surrounded by enemies (activating your powers is effectively an aggro magnet) and unable to escape since movement in any direction activates an attack on the nearest enemy. Dodging and rolling out of the way is a finicky proposition, and not a dependable strategy to fall back on.
    There's an option to map attacking to the A button. I'd recommend swapping to that. The combat camera is still a bit of an issue when trying to dodge attacks, but it makes it much more fun from what I've seen.

I actually just finished the haunted house chapter earlier this week, though thankfully I didn't hit any bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    There's an option to map attacking to the A button. I'd recommend swapping to that. The combat camera is still a bit of an issue when trying to dodge attacks, but it makes it much more fun from what I've seen.

I actually just finished the haunted house chapter earlier this week, though thankfully I didn't hit any bugs.
    I still find it awkward even with A being the attack button. I'm still getting used to the game's mechanics though, but it is a solid game albeit with elements from the earlier Final Fantasy games.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Guild Wars 2 is pretty fun. I'm not a big fan of MMO's but this one seems to be taking a lot of my time.

I downloaded Bioshock 1 and 2. Plan on starting the first one tonight, let's see where that will go.

Still playing Apollo Justice, usually when I'm not on my PC. I also downloaded Liberation Maiden. The Protagonist has a sweet ass. Oh and the game is also pretty fun, though kinda short. Wish there were online leaderboards.

I still play PSO2 casually. Mostly just dicking around though. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I still find it awkward even with A being the attack button. I'm still getting used to the game's mechanics though, but it is a solid game albeit with elements from the earlier Final Fantasy games.
    Yeah, it's not the tightest action controls I've seen. I often wind up knocking enemies so far away with each attack that I can't actually continue my combo after a few hits. (In retrospect, that's probably because they initially designed the game with the expectation that the player would use the analog-stick attack controls so they would only attack when they're within range.)

Still, I'm having a blast with it. I expected it to be good, but I'm actually really impressed with the gameplay variety and pacing.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

I just started Assassin's Creed Liberation on my Assassin's Creed Vita bundle.
    My sig disappeared.

I might look into a few games to play. I'm still playing soul captor but I keep hearing the game might not make it past alpha testing (dunno what stage their at since I started at a weird time).

Other games to look into

Guild Wars
    Dragon Nest
    Ragnarok Online
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.