Default To Buy or Not To Buy?

Been a while since I posted here. After getting distracted by work and playing Aion, I'm thinking of going back to Phantasy Star and buy PSPo2.

I have a few concerns though.

It's been around 5 months after release. How's the population? I look at Ad-Hoc Party on PS3 and everyone's too busy playing either Monster Hunter or Lord of Arcana, with not a single PSPo2 room in site. How's the population of the Infrastructure Mode?

Also, with PSP2i coming out, do you think I should just hold off and wait for an official English version announcement?
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

PSP2 is a great addition to your psp library it endless collectibles (weapons) and holds true to its traditional "hack and slash" genre , gives it a twist by adding new mechanics to the game. The infrastructure mode has a satisfactory community. The reason i say satisfactory is that you will frequently see games rooms like , "looking for very hot gf )))" or "Please hack me". Aside that fact when I jumped into infrastructure it surprised me on how smooth it played for a online portable game. Lastly Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity has yet to be confirmed for Western release so its safe to say that at the very least we could be seeing another 7-12 months of waiting before we see the expansion released. All in all I would we recommend this title for you its a great game with a friendly community!

Oh I was playing online when the demo came out and am not new to the lame "looking for gf" rooms. sad to hear they're still around on retail version.

I wanna know though if the servers get filled or something like that. I don't wanna invest in an online rpg when the population resembles PSU pc in its later days.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

hmm... if you can wait for the PSP2i game to come to america then go for it. i would probably do that. but, if you want to start psp2i with nice items, and a head start on getting thru a lot of Episode 1(which psp2i is going to to be called Episode 2 for it's story), then go and get psp2. PSPo2 is ok, it's not the greatest thing around but you will find new character parties online.

it would just depends on when you look or play for them. the other thing is that the online servers don't get full. not at all, i haven't seen the servers get filled at all. yes there are a good amount of games going. but you can always start your own game and set the lvl range to meet the lvls you want people to join. (so you can keep all the loser hackers that are lvl 200 with 9999 atk weapons out of your parties).

Overall the games fun, but you need to dedicate yourself to hunting cause the nice thing about PSP2 which i'm sure you might be aware of is that everyone gets their own drops which means anything you see on the floor is urs and no one else can see it except you.

one more thing. a smart thing to do in psp2 would find a chat or a vent that has charcaters around your level so that you can trust those players when you play. and you can always ask questions about the game and get a direct responce.

I would say... yes!

It's totally worth it, even if you don't play online often. You may or may not get bored around... Lv 100 or so. But even if you do, that would be after you had plenty of fun & get your money's worth.

My 2 meseta.
    To be or not to be.