Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default PC only? Uh oh...

The biggest downfall of PSU for PC was the gross amount of hackers. Since PSO2 (as we know now) is PC only... "Uh oh..."

However, if it IS PC only they'll most likely have a hell of a hackshield.

What do you guys think?

As long as the servers are global then we can probably expect Sega to step up their game regarding cheaters.

To levels not thought possible? Maybe, After all they do have there soul back. I smell a V.2 if it's outta hand.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

If the same underground group of hackers come back, and we do have global servers it'll be a funny fight watching japanese developers go ape shit on them...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Did they say that the servers were global?

Quote Originally Posted by Dithrain View Post
    Did they say that the servers were global?
    Yeah, kind of...but sega's untrustworthy and it was vague from the start so a lot of people are skeptical.

I still find it bemusing that PSU was so vulnerable to hax to begin with. It just seems like terrible programming on their part - you never see anything to that effect in, say, every other MMO ever made.

So I can only wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I still find it bemusing that PSU was so vulnerable to hax to begin with. It just seems like terrible programming on their part - you never see anything to that effect in, say, every other MMO ever made.

So I can only wonder...
    Actually every single other MMO has cheaters as well. The difference is that other MMOs have a zero tolerance policy and ban players.

I've played WoW for 4 years now and seen people cheating in game (super speed, teleporting, running through walls/ground). I assure you that every game has cheating to an extent.

If they want to "eliminate" cheating, they need to come down on cheaters and ban/suspend them.

Think about it this way, if PSO2 follows the usual MMO price scheme, you're looking at a cost for the game/account key and then a monthly fee on top of that. Let's say the game costs $49.99 and carries a $9.99 monthly fee. If some of these "prolific" cheaters want to cheat/hack, they will undoubtedly get banned if Sega actually monitors the game. To get back onto the servers, they would have to purchase another game and another monthly fee. That's $60 bucks every time they get banned and want to get back into the game.

Cheaters/hackers always choose the route of least resistance, that's why they cheat in the first place. So if Sega starts taking money from these guys, they're bound to jump ship and direct their efforts elsewhere.
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO

Quote Originally Posted by Arkios View Post
    Actually every single other MMO has cheaters as well. The difference is that other MMOs have a zero tolerance policy and ban players.

I've played WoW for 4 years now and seen people cheating in game (super speed, teleporting, running through walls/ground). I assure you that every game has cheating to an extent.

If they want to "eliminate" cheating, they need to come down on cheaters and ban/suspend them.

Think about it this way, if PSO2 follows the usual MMO price scheme, you're looking at a cost for the game/account key and then a monthly fee on top of that. Let's say the game costs $49.99 and carries a $9.99 monthly fee. If some of these "prolific" cheaters want to cheat/hack, they will undoubtedly get banned if Sega actually monitors the game. To get back onto the servers, they would have to purchase another game and another monthly fee. That's $60 bucks every time they get banned and want to get back into the game.

Cheaters/hackers always choose the route of least resistance, that's why they cheat in the first place. So if Sega starts taking money from these guys, they're bound to jump ship and direct their efforts elsewhere.
    Most hackers I know would usually have like 8 accounts... They usually stop caring after their legit account is shot down, then they go on a mad chaotic rampage until all their accouts/ips are banned, then get their friends ip banned then get bored and leave semi satisfied...

If we're anything like PSU...It'd probably only take a week or so to slaughter the whole game's economy unless segas willing to do a huge rollback for the greater good... I dunno PSO's hacker story. @_@

Chances are, if they cannot learn enough from their past mistakes to code the server securely this time around, then they won't learn enough to make the rest of the game worth playing either.

And again, hacking is a server problem, not a client/platform issue.