Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Um, my family and I are fans of the Phantasy Star franchise and we were wondering if the game would be made available for Macintosh and Linux (Ubuntu Specifically) users. Currently I use Windows Vista, one of my brothers uses Linux, the other Windows 7. And lastly, my sister uses Macbook 13" 2008 Ed.

Would it be possible to play PSO2 on a Mac or a Linux OS without having to resort to using a virtual box or a dual-boot?

No one knows yet for certain, but there is almost zero chance of them making it Mac and/or Linux compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoman3 View Post
    Um, my family and I are fans of the Phantasy Star franchise and we were wondering if the game would be made available for Macintosh and Linux (Ubuntu Specifically) users. Currently I use Windows Vista, one of my brothers uses Linux, the other Windows 7. And lastly, my sister uses Macbook 13" 2008 Ed.

Would it be possible to play PSO2 on a Mac or a Linux OS without having to resort to using a virtual box or a dual-boot?
    You'll have to use emulation or use a Windows platform. They've even listed Windows XP as a compatible platform (which isn't even supported by Microsoft at this point) so you have quite a bit of leeway...
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

Phantasy Star's most successful titles have been on consoles. The only reason I see them releasing it only on PC is pure lazyness.

PSO, PSO ep2, PSOI&II and the Portable titles did better than PSOBB and PSU. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    Phantasy Star's most successful titles have been on consoles. The only reason I see them releasing it only on PC is pure lazyness.

PSO, PSO ep2, PSOI&II and the Portable titles did better than PSOBB and PSU. Just sayin.
    Better management,global servers,faster updates,you know alot of things you cant really do with console,without going through the bs.It might just come out for the PS3,but if if it splits us up,hell no.(There's no point in going through the same shit again.)
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Pursuant of the Red Box Checkmate's Avatar

With the exception of Final Fantasy XI and maybe Everquest on the PS2, I cannot think of any other MMORPG that has done respectably well on a console system over the years.

Would DC Universe Online qualify into the genre of RPG? Would Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii classify as RPG?

And I wouldn't call it laziness, it's a huge process of funding; is there are market for it; which console would be best suited; setting up additional servers; hiring additional staff to manage, maintain and implement changes. It's easy to say "SEGA iz dumb if they dont do 1 2 3 4 and 5". It might not be finacially beneficial at the current stage to have PSO2 on a console until they see how it performs on PC and if it is well received.
    Hi, I'm Checkmate and I approve this message.

Paid for by stealing your bike, bootlegging CDs and in-theatre movies out the trunk of your teenage daughter's car.

PSO 2 Char: Newtype Ship/Block: 10/20
    FO Lv40; HU Lv5; RA Lv5

Better than those two, but not better than every other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishia View Post
    Better than those two, but not better than every other MMO.
    Iunno. BB might've not been as popular at the time, but the servers are still kicking (albeit somewhere else) & the PC population FAR overpowers the console population. I'd say at least 1:10 PC's favor.

Don't get me wrong though, mixed servers are great, I'm all for it, but PC is probably the best (primary) target given the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate
    It might not be financially beneficial at the current stage to have PSO2 on a console until they see how it performs on PC and if it is well received.
    This is very true. We still do not know how well the game will be received at this point, all we have is blind speculation.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

PSOBB Blue Burst is PC Only
    And i have give Up PSU to play 2006 PS2 players have to much lag on Servers

So i am Happy that only is for PC

PSOBB PC was still going strong only because it is Japan. However, everywhere else in the world, they would have to work just as hard if not harder. Lack of updates (which has been true for every single Phantasy Star Online game in the non-Japanese locales), is the biggest issue waiting for them. They have to step up (everywhere else) to at least Japanese standards or better. Preferably better since the competition on the PC is fierce. Steady updates have become a very very important thing.

However, maybe PC only might just be the kind of lower workload that might have them actually keep at a decent pace with the rest of the world. And yes, I know it didn't help back when PSO was Dreamcast only, but we can dream can't we?