Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default NO PSO2 for Wii/Xbox 360/PS3 WHY???

Why should PC be the only ones to get PSO2,We console gamers got left out of Blue Burst(Ep4) and now we get the other boot by being left out of the next PSO game.I'm sure Wii/Xbox360/PS3 could all be cableable of running a game like this.If the game is designed for each system.It just seems kinda like sega thinks console gamers are not worth wasting their time on to make a new PSO game for...

Because PC is the only system that makes sense for a game designed to receive frequent and multiple content updates.

Because PC makes more sense for a game requiring a lot of online interaction.

Because PC only means Sega won't have to deal with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo and can have the server and connection all to themselves, making things much easier to manage.

Because PC gaming is superior to console gaming in about every way possible.

Because there are already at least twenty other topics about this.

We should all praise jesus that PSO2 (is hopefully) being developed with the PC as its 'base'.

Who knows, maybe this one might actually be optimized for the system and won't be eternally restricted by its original platform (developer stupidity is another factor altogether, however).

However, SoJ were previously looking to hire Planners and Programmers for PSO2 that have experience with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in addition to the humble PC. Now why would they want to go and do something crazy like that...?
    Last edited by Kierto; Feb 20, 2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Cleanup!

Quote Originally Posted by Kierto View Post
    However, SoJ were previously looking to hire Planners and Programmers for PSO2 that have experience with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in addition to the humble PC. Now why would they want to go and do something crazy like that...?
    Because having experience is better than not having experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Because PC only means Sega won't have to deal with Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo and can have the server and connection all to themselves, making things much easier to manage.
    Example: shooting down the server when they want instead of waiting for Microsoft's approval. Yayyy!!

Sorry, I'd rather have no server than one that's chronically deficient in content.

Quote Originally Posted by Saligun View Post
    Why should PC be the only ones to get PSO2,We console gamers got left out of Blue Burst(Ep4) and now we get the other boot by being left out of the next PSO game.I'm sure Wii/Xbox360/PS3 could all be cableable of running a game like this.If the game is designed for each system.It just seems kinda like sega thinks console gamers are not worth wasting their time on to make a new PSO game for...
    So far only a PC version was announced, but that doesn't mean they won't announce a PS3 or a XBox360 version later on. Releasing it for the Wii would be stupid though, since the Wii has a really limited storage, it wouldn't allow for real updates.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Many of the very best video games are pc only. I think this is good news

A single platform release means less programming, problems, and staff. If anything, PC is the best venture. Anywhere else, and I doubt they'd make near enough projected money.

Besides. The Xbox 360 isn't popular in Japan. I would take a wild guess that a large population of Japan is one of the *primary* target markets. Also, have to admit that releasing anything for the Wii is holding back it's potential in being sweet-ass eye candy. As for the PS3, I don't know.

tl;dr - Be glad you get what you get.

PC games are not any better than console games anymore. I liked Blue Burst and all but I just like console games better than PC. Not everybody has a $5,000 super machine. If they want to sell tons of copies, adding PS3 would be the way to go IMO. Xbox is great, but in Japan it's invisible. Too many ways for hackers to exploit with a PC, so I HOPE AND PRAY that Sony gets in on this too! Much higher user base w/consoles.

OK, PC-nerds flame away...