Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JesMaz View Post
    Many of the very best video games are pc only. I think this is good news
    For the record, I hate WoW & turn based strategy games. That would be what comes to mind when I think of PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    PC games are not any better than console games anymore. I liked Blue Burst and all but I just like console games better than PC. Not everybody has a $5,000 super machine. If they want to sell tons of copies, adding PS3 would be the way to go IMO. Xbox is great, but in Japan it's invisible. Too many ways for hackers to exploit with a PC, so I HOPE AND PRAY that Sony gets in on this too! Much higher user base w/consoles.

OK, PC-nerds flame away...
    The other problem is that Xbox refuses to cross-platform X360 with PC or PS3. Meaning, once again, you have segregated servers. If Micro$oft would clean up their act and integrate cross-platform, I wouldn't personally have a problem with it. If you want to play on the Xbox with me, go for it. I don't care.

I don't mind PS3 support, but the way it is, PC is the current best-bet. You don't have to spend $5,000 on anything. If you are, you're doing it wrong. I spent $800 on my rig, and so far nothing has challenged my machine, including Crysis or any recent game. I highly *doubt* PSO2 will be the next big graphics-overhauler.

---------------- Edit -----------------

On another note, I have never played a single turn-based strat game or WoW on the PC... I think you have the wrong demographic. O_o
    Last edited by Kaziel; Feb 21, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

PC games are not any better than console games anymore. I liked Blue Burst and all but I just like console games better than PC. Not everybody has a $5,000 super machine. If they want to sell tons of copies, adding PS3 would be the way to go IMO. Xbox is great, but in Japan it's invisible. Too many ways for hackers to exploit with a PC, so I HOPE AND PRAY that Sony gets in on this too! Much higher user base w/consoles.

Most PC games are technically better than consoles games (or at least the PC games that are properly ported or are made for the PC first), even a current mid-end PC has a much stronger hardware than consoles.

$5000 for a PC? I checked newegg, to see how much it costs a high-end PC capable of running most recent games with high quality settings at 1080p, the final price was around $1600, and that includes a 24" 1080p screen, Windows 7 Home Premium, 5.1 speakers, a gamer mouse and keyboard, and a Blu-Ray burner.
    $1000 should be more than enough for a good PC.

You're right about consoles having a higher user base and the XBox 360 being pretty much invisible on Japan though.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I'd love to see this on the xbox, but thats because im the kind of player that almost always played offline splitscreen. It'd be even better with online splitscreen though!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewrew View Post
    I'd love to see this on the xbox, but thats because im the kind of player that almost always played offline splitscreen. It'd be even better with online splitscreen though!
    That would be interesting, but improbable. Wishful thinking is dangerous! O_o

There are so many things wrong here. That is a gross exaggeration on the cost of decent and high end gaming computers. As for hacking, it can still be done on consoles. It really comes down to how much the company cares about cheaters and how dedicated they are to stopping it. Obviously, Sega has a pretty bad history with cheaters. I don't see any problem with a PS3 version, but an xbox 360 version would probably lead to separation of community again. On the plus side, Microsoft has done a better job protecting its games than Sega ever did.
    For the record, I hate WoW & turn based strategy games. That would be what comes to mind when I think of PC games.
    Now that's incredibly single minded. First thing that comes to mind for me would be shooters which the PC does really well. Of course, there are plenty of great PC games that are not generic shooters and strategy games.
    Last edited by Dongra; Feb 21, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Sorry, I'd rather have no server than one that's chronically deficient in content.
    In the other hand, I prefer to have the content late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    In the other hand, I prefer to have the content late than never.
    This is true but let's not hope it will come down to either of those 2 possibilities to begin with. Even if people can accept either of them, the community would be bound to be filled with negativity. You can rant more about something that is there than something that is not there. For instance when we were promised an update for PSU within the next 2 weeks and it came after several months etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Sekai View Post
    This is true but let's not hope it will come down to either of those 2 possibilities to begin with. Even if people can accept either of them, the community would be bound to be filled with negativity. You can rant more about something that is there than something that is not there. For instance when we were promised an update for PSU within the next 2 weeks and it came after several months etc.
    I hope people are smart enough to leave this time around,and hopefully SEGA will wake the hell up because their doing it wrong.People should be tired of being neglected,it's time for a revolution!! (jk jk)
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I hope there isn't a "this time" and sega just NOT screws us over to begin with...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.