Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

I'm going to make it known on the forums to,why spend money and get treated like shit,when there's to many other games that we could spend our time and money on.(If there going to half ass us,I think they shouldn't even release it over here seriously.)Import it and play it,but I wont be doing that,shouldn't have to.(I'll have a huge grin on my face when everybody moves to the JP servers and the US is dead.)(Hopefully none of this happens.)
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Feb 22, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Ezodagrom, why would you say that the Wii has limited Space? because you don't need the Hard space like the other two? Wii can handle what the other two can. but that's a moot point since it's for the PC and not consoles as far as we know.

For better or worse, PSO2 will appear on either the PS3, X360, or both. Mark my words. I don't know in what form or with what functionality/compatibility, but it will happen. They are not going to leave that large of a market go untapped, especially with Phantasy Star being so highly associated as a game console franchise with a console-biased established market. Not to mention already heavy competition from a PC market saturated with online RPGs, the potential profits even after the costs of finding alternative solutions to console limitations may well outweigh the risks of a PC only launch.

Yeah, Blue Burst was PC only... and it also largely flopped outside of Japan, not to mention that is was merely an expansion/refinement of what was essentially already a five year old game. PSO2 is a highly anticipated sequel with a established cult of popularity and a good name in the console market. Hell the whole reason we're getting PSO2 instead of some new entry in the franchise is to try to backpedal the last few years of the PSU disaster. Hell, they re-released a PSO v.1 "sim" in PSU ala-MAG.... one of the few event runs that was made a permanent addition.

It'll happen.

Except on the Wii. Sorry Omega, but Wii cannot handle what the other two can.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I hope not to see PSO2 on 360 or PS3.

Because PC is a superior starting point from which to develop a new game that should last at least 5... or 6 years. Sega was wrong in developing PSU on a PS2 basis in 2006, at the end of its vital cycle, just like it would fail if PSO2 was developed on the basis of PS360 in 2011.
    I want it on PC in 2011... and then a more powerful version 2 on the next generation consoles in 2013 or so.

1000$ for a PC upgrade? For sure! I'm saving my money for that.

As long as it's cross servers,global,and SEGA wont treat us like neglected children,then sure sure.(One side has to be shut down there is no co existence,so hopefully they don't fuck this up.)
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Feb 22, 2011 at 07:38 PM.

Honestly, They CAN do a multi-platform via PC-360-PS3, or at least, PC-PS3. FFXI did it all 3, well 4 if counting PS3 and PS2 and was successful at it, while having a cross platform server. FFXIV was supposed to follow suit, with PC and PS3, but got hit by fans and their ravenous rebuttal of "We dun want FFXI clone" becoming "Not FFXI enough!"

However, this must also be kept in mind: FFXI also had started PC only as I recall (Established community, fixed early release bugs, same as the idea for FFXIV), then moved to PS2, then 360 (Though by time US players got it, it was released PC and PS2 from the start).

Quote Originally Posted by LarienTiwele View Post
    Honestly, They CAN do a multi-platform via PC-360-PS3, or at least, PC-PS3. FFXI did it all 3, well 4 if counting PS3 and PS2 and was successful at it, while having a cross platform server. FFXIV was supposed to follow suit, with PC and PS3, but got hit by fans and their ravenous rebuttal of "We dun want FFXI clone" becoming "Not FFXI enough!"

However, this must also be kept in mind: FFXI also had started PC only as I recall (Established community, fixed early release bugs, same as the idea for FFXIV), then moved to PS2, then 360 (Though by time US players got it, it was released PC and PS2 from the start).
    I don't know whats stopping them,are they not smart enough,do they lack the resources,what the hell is the problem,seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LarienTiwele View Post
    No, it was originally planned as a PS2/PC title to be released simultaneously across both platforms. Though that didn't happen in either territory. I think the PS2 version launched before the PC version in Japan, while the PC version launched first in the US. IIRC, for the US PS2 release, there were some kind of issues regarding the HDD and System Browser on Sony's end which supposedly kept it backed up. I'm convinced that Sony purposely drug their feet and refused to get their shit together for the NA territories so as to delay FFXI to their advantage. SoE had several months before released EverQuest Online Adventures, which a lot of PS2 gamers picked up as a "holdover" MMO until FFXI came out... and they wanted to milk a few more months out of their subscribers and sell it's first expansion pack (EQoA: Frontiers) which was coming out about the same time FFXI was previously slated to launch.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Feb 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    stuff
    That's interesting. I should read up more about that. I thought Xbox barred people from cross-platforming to force users to subscribe to Live. I don't mind releases for consoles later, but it better be out for PC, since it's my optimal platform.

I just think the idea of segregation isn't too bright. Best to spend a little extra to develop a large, cross-platform network of servers than a bunch of isolated servers.

OT: But knowing SEGA, who knows.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziel View Post
    but it better be out for PC, since it's my optimal platform.
    It has already been announced it will be for PC.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe