Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    frankly i hope this game comes out for a console since my pc was built in 2002 lolz my ps3 is probally more powerful than my pc.
    How the hell are you even running a web browser nowadays.

i use firefox and chrome just fine. adblock plus is a godsend though.

Now I'm really curious what you're running.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Now I'm really curious what you're running. :wacko:
    Using a computer from 2002 is not any problem at all as long as you don't install any Microsoft programs on the computer. Microsoft programs seem to try to use up as much power as possible just for the sake of it, maybe to make it sound impressive. My laptop from 2002 running Linux is as fast as ever, but I recently had to switch because of various hardware issues (several more-or-less dead keys on the keyboard, lots of dead rows of pixels on the screen et cetera).

Now for another thing... I'm looking at the requirements for the PSO2 α at http://pso2.jp/alpha/ and I'm troubled by the strange format they are written in.

The CPU requirement is given as "Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or above", which is very confusing: I had to search for a long time on Google to confirm that my Intel Core I3 CPU with 2.40 GHz and a 3 MB cache. Why can't SEGA just write the required frequency and cache size directly instead of forcing all users to Google for the specified CPU? Very annoying.

The graphics card requirement is given as "NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT, same class of graphics card or above" (NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT もしくは同クラスのグラフィックカード以上). My graphics card is apparently called "Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 18)". It is obviously not the same card, but how do I tell if it is "above" or not?

It also says that the sound card has to be compatible with Direct Sound. How do I check whether it is? Is it possible to do this without having to reboot into Windows?

The game itself is only for Windows, so you're going to have to use WINE at the very least to even run the thing.

Core i3s are all dual cores and are newer than the Core 2 Duo series, so your CPU is fine.

Your GPU looks like an old as shit integrated model. You need to buy a card.

Generally, integrated graphics are a terrible choice for games, because for the most part they aren't meant to run intensive games. Some can be used for that, but it usually doesn't happen. That being said, you'll definitely need a new card. You could probably go for an 8800 if you want to save money, but if you want performance, go with one of the 2xx's or 3xx's. Don't worry about the sound, pretty much everything uses the same kind of sound.

As for the Windows thing, laptops aren't that powerful to begin with, especially from 2002. So when you say "as fast as ever", I can only think mean you mean that relatively. Also considering how fat Firefox is at times that worries me even more. But if you had it running fine then cheers to you.

Quote Originally Posted by New account View Post
    Using a computer from 2002 is not any problem at all as long as you don't install any Microsoft programs on the computer. Microsoft programs seem to try to use up as much power as possible just for the sake of it, maybe to make it sound impressive. My laptop from 2002 running Linux is as fast as ever, but I recently had to switch because of various hardware issues (several more-or-less dead keys on the keyboard, lots of dead rows of pixels on the screen et cetera).
    *snicker*
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

The irrational hate of Windows is pretty damn funny.

As is the attitude that, just because yer not running windows, upgrading should never be necessary.

Utterly hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    That being said, you'll definitely need a new card. You could probably go for an 8800 if you want to save money, but if you want performance, go with one of the 2xx's or 3xx's.
    The Geforce 8800GT is kinda outdated nowadays (it's not even sold anymore, I think). For around $100 there's better cards than it, like the Radeon HD5750, HD5770, and the Geforce GTS450.

List of graphics cards from around $75 to around $150, including older cards (which aren't sold anymore) just for performance comparison.
    The list goes from the weakest to the strongest:

- Geforce 9600GT, Geforce GT240, Geforce GT440
    - Radeon HD5670
    - Geforce 8800GT, Geforce 9800GT, Radeon HD4830, Radeon HD6670
    - Geforce 9800GTX+, Geforce GTS250, Radeon HD4850
    - Geforce GTS450, Radeon HD5750
    - Geforce GTX260, Radeon HD4870, Radeon HD5770
    - Geforce GTX550 Ti
    - Radeon HD6790, Radeon HD5830
    - Geforce GTX460 768MB, Geforce GTX275, Radeon HD4890
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Apr 20, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

HAHAHAHAHA

o MAN this is great