Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

Which do you think are the useless weapons in this game? You know, the ones which look good but utterly suck? Or perhaps the ones which start out good but, when 'upgraded', become the worst weapons you can possibly equip?

Dragonslayers, Diskas and other low level 'rares' don't count. This is because you can actually use a Dragonslayer and do fairly decent damage. I'm talking about weapons which are so worthless that they're liable to get you killed.

They're the sort of weapons which make you wonder whether ST is comprised of a bunch of retarded orang utans.

Also list the reason(s) why they suck so badly.

No jabs at the Snow Queen though! I've been using one lately and there is nothing better for neutralizing a horde of monsters. Don't diss a weapon until you've actually seen or used it!

I'll start off with a few:

Dark Flow. No combo, special is suicidal to use.

Dark Meteor. No combo.

Dancing Hitogata. Impossible to combo and get off 3 on-target tp stealing attacks when you first equip it. A friggin' Mahu is better.

in the wrong hands, mechguns. but in the right hands they own all.

i dont find the power maser too great so that i guess

Okay, any weapon which can be great in the right hands do not count. Ie. mechguns, dragonslayers with good %s on HUcasts, etc. Heck, even the fist weapons don't count because you can do some good damage with them.

Dark Flow. No combo, special is suicidal to use.
    I've actually used a Dark Flow with decent results before. Of course I had a very high level HUcast and was backed up by a very high level FOmar (shifta 30). Still, any weapon that you can potentially kill with in one hit couldn't be all bad.

I fully agree with the Dancing Hitoga being terrible. I'd also add the Maser Beam and Power Maser, both of which fire a low level Zonde and are virtually unusable.

Doesnt Flame visit have no combo too?
    If so id say that one! I Unless its really powerfull, I mena whats good a weopon with no combo!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RAmar_Monkey_Boy on 2003-03-13 12:42 ]</font>

Doesnt Flame visit have no combo too?
    The Flame Visit does have a combo. It's "upgraded" counterpart the Burning Visit does not. For that matter none of the weapons that have been upgraded with the Photon Booster are able to combo. These include the Iron Faust, Snow Queen, Burning Visit, and Power Maser.

Belra Cannon.

GAME MAGAZINE. +1 ATP, +1 ATA, lame-ass wand combo. I'd say it's the worst weapon ever, but if your base ATP is decent then you can still do moderate damage.

MASER BEAM. Stats don't apply because it casts a really weak Zonde that doesn't even do much damage to enemies that are weak against Zonde. This gets my vote for worst weapon ever.

POWER MASER. Almost identical to the MASER BEAM, except it casts Gizonde instead and doesn't combo. Pretty much tied with its predecessor as the worst weapon ever.

FLAME VISIT. It's a unique shotgun-class weapon that fires a single bullet. The bullets move so slowly that enemies can often run right by them (especially in Ultimate). Not a very economical weapon.

BURNING VISIT. Its bullets pierce, but the trade off is no combo. Hard to say if this is worse than a FLAME VISIT or not.

I have never used/seen a maser or power maser, but I'll take your word for it.

Isn't the Flame Visit the weapon from which the Burning Visit is evolved from? My friend has a Burning Visit, and it sucks badly. It shoots like a photon launcher but the fireball travels slow and you cannot combo the weapon.

What about the Gal Wing? Anybody know if that sucks too? What about the Belra Cannon?

Inferno Bazooka - It's too slow and doesn't have enough power to be much of use. This weapon is practically useless in Ultimate mode.