Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOmarl?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Look at the PSZ database right here on PSO-W if you need info on the items. It's pretty much complete.
    Yeah i just saw that haha.

Let me ask, how is the ata difference between the FOmarl and FOneweral? The 212 and the 160 something, seems like a pretty harsh difference on the ata. There are some pretty powerful late game equips in the double saber category that both the FOmarl and FOney get to use, much more powerful in atp than the giggas rom, so the FOmarl would end up beating a bit on damage over the FOney, with more ata. The tech differences and such seem minor.

But then again, the stats in PSO were always some crazy numbers (EVP in PSO had to be around 850+ to even work on a non regular basis haha). Not sure what the numbers really tell me when looking at them.

I am pretty sure that the Gigas Romulus is the 2nd strongest Double Saber, behind Clair Doubles. But the Clair is stuck with level 2 Celeb (the most OP element), Gigas can get level 3.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Note: GET. Clair has Lv2 always, but you would have to find a Gigas with Lv3 to get a Lv3 Celeb Gigas. Otherwise, best bet's on Clairs, even though Clair can have no PA sometimes, whereas Gigas always has Million Rave. It's really in the air which is truly better, but regular non-PA-wise, a good Lv3 Gigas would outdamage the Clair pretty quickly. (HUnewms CAN outdamage HUcasts using Gigas, even if the CAST is using a Morgenlote of SIMILAR design.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster00 View Post
    Note: GET. Clair has Lv2 always, but you would have to find a Gigas with Lv3 to get a Lv3 Celeb Gigas. Otherwise, best bet's on Clairs, even though Clair can have no PA sometimes, whereas Gigas always has Million Rave. It's really in the air which is truly better, but regular non-PA-wise, a good Lv3 Gigas would outdamage the Clair pretty quickly. (HUnewms CAN outdamage HUcasts using Gigas, even if the CAST is using a Morgenlote of SIMILAR design.)
    Okay so pretty much it's up in the air with the gigas and the clair. I was looking at it like the FOmarl's damage wouldn't be too far behind with the clair, but even if she would be, she could still contend somewhat okay in comparison.

I'm looking for a challenge, since the game seems quite easy overall if you use the class right. So for my question, does the 50 ATA difference really mean much? The FOmarl's ata is 212 which seems minimal, but the FOneweral has something like 160 ata. Would that make much of a difference?

Also, how to HUneys contend with magic?

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

The only reason why I implied that the newmen would get higher damage with the gigas is pretty much because it's easier to find than a Clair Doubles and has a variable element up to level 3. Though, if we just look at numbers (and thus, omit practicality), Gigas w/ life element > Clair doubles in terms of damage.

FOney has 169 ATA at level 100. My FOney is at level 91, and barely misses with heavy attacks with her daggers, provided buffs/debuffs are casted. The higher ATA for FOmarl compensates for the weaker dagger selection, I guess, but, once again, with buffs/debuffs, the ATA issue becomes moot.

HUneys can be awesome or downright crap with techs; depends on how you play her. If you give her an full tech build (Kerykeion/Shuriken, mind mats, mind MAG, etc...) You can pull off 200-250 damage with your level 10 techs in SH. If that's too slow, well, if your ATA is decent, bring an NPC (I prefer Ogi in rifle mode, since he stands far and shoots fast), get the chain to 1 or more with its help and blast off with a RA tech; 400-500 damage right there to any enemy close to the blue "(insert number here) chain" text on the screen.
    Last edited by Broken_L_button; Mar 6, 2011 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Whoa...read that back...seemed wrong

The only reason why I implied that the newmen would get higher damage with the gigas is pretty much because it's easier to find than a Clair Doubles and has a variable element up to level 3. Though, if we just look at numbers (and thus, omit practicality), Gigas w/ life element > Clair doubles in terms of damage.

FOney has 169 ATA at level 100. My FOney is at level 91, and barely misses with heavy attacks with her daggers, provided buffs/debuffs are casted. The higher ATA for FOmarl compensates for the weaker dagger selection, I guess, but, once again, with buffs/debuffs, the ATA issue becomes moot.

HUneys can be awesome or downright crap with techs; depends on how you play her. If you give her an full tech build (Kerykeion/Shuriken, mind mats, mind MAG, etc...) You can pull off 200-250 damage with your level 10 techs in SH. If that's too slow, well, if your ATA is decent, bring an NPC (I prefer Ogi in rifle mode, since he stands far and shoots fast), get the chain to 1 or more with its help and blast off with a RA tech; 400-500 damage right there to any enemy close to the blue "(insert number here) chain" text on the screen.
    Alright, fantastic! I mean both the FOmarl and FOney can use the clair from what i saw, so i suppose the newmans would get a better consistency of choices. I love the FOney from way back when, and still like her now. I'm using her for melee from the get go, and while killing slowly, i'm having loads of fun; also i can just switch to tech and still do well.

If her ATA isn't going to become an issue in SH, then i'm happy with that choice, since she would do everything i want.