Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATA for a cast

Default ATA for a cast

How important is this stat now? I'm reading that a FOney can run the last difficulty (which is apparently SH) and still hit well with her low ATA. I'm thinking of just starting out with a good ole cast, not sure which one to run.

HUcast looks beast with the surprisingly high ATA, but the HUcaseal has a few benefits over, while the ATA stat seems pretty close in contrast.

I'm not familiar with these classes like they normally are, so it's a bit confusing on how the classes show through to the game. What would be a bare minimum ATA stat, vs one that just never really hits and one that never misses? Is the ATA difference of something like the FOney with a pretty drastic difference compared to a cast really not that drastic? Or does jellen and shifta affect the enemy evasion now?

Just curious. Basically, does the FOney's 169 ata allow her to still be viable toa point of not missing on H/H/H? If so, what's the benefit of even looking at higher ata as anything more than what EVP or DFP bonuses used to be in PSO?
    Last edited by Omunall; Mar 7, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

They changed how all the buff and debuff spells work.

Code:
    Spell:          PSO classic effect:         PSZ effect:
    Shifta          ATP increase                ATP and MST increase
    Deband       DFP increase                DFP and EVP increase
    Jellen          ATP decrease               ATP and ATA and MST decrease
    Zalure         DFP decrease                DFP and EVP decrease
    Last edited by FluffyFox; Mar 7, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omunall View Post
    How important is this stat now? I'm reading that a FOney can run the last difficulty (which is apparently SH) and still hit well with her low ATA. I'm thinking of just starting out with a good ole cast, not sure which one to run.

HUcast looks beast with the surprisingly high ATA, but the HUcaseal has a few benefits over, while the ATA stat seems pretty close in contrast.

I'm not familiar with these classes like they normally are, so it's a bit confusing on how the classes show through to the game. What would be a bare minimum ATA stat, vs one that just never really hits and one that never misses? Is the ATA difference of something like the FOney with a pretty drastic difference compared to a cast really not that drastic? Or does jellen and shifta affect the enemy evasion now?

Just curious. Basically, does the FOney's 169 ata allow her to still be viable toa point of not missing on H/H/H? If so, what's the benefit of even looking at higher ata as anything more than what EVP or DFP bonuses used to be in PSO?
    The only ATA stat that matters is your total ATA (base w/ materials+weapon+MAG+units+set bonuses). If you can get it to be around 520 or so, you can hit pretty decently without buffs/debuffs, but you'll still miss with heavy attacks once in a while. FOney obviously can't get that high in ATA without some obscene ACC adj. on her weapons because of her low base ATA, but, since tier 3 Zalure decreases enemy EVP by a LOT, the ATA she needs to reach to ensure no misses even with heavy attacks is thus significantly lower (around 450-490 I'd say).

Higher base ATA makes you able to be more lax regarding your arsenal; a FOney's melee arsenal is strictly high end sabers/daggers/double sabers (possibly with ACC adj. too) if she wants to hit and do decent damage while Casts can use a wider variety of weapons without sacrificing too much in accuracy and power. Not too mention that the Cast's higher stats somewhat make up for the lack of support skills.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyFox View Post
    They changed how all the buff and debuff spells work.

Code:
    Spell:          PSO classic effect:         PSZ effect:
    Shifta          ATP increase                ATP and MST increase
    Deband       DFP increase                DFP and EVP increase
    Jellen          ATP decrease               ATP and MST decrease
    Zalure         DFP decrease                DFP and EVP decrease
    PSZ's Jellen also decreases enemy ATA.

Hmm, this is pretty interesting info. The classes were throwing me off something fierce. I had no issue with PSO or PSP2 but PSZ is just so close to how PSO used to be, but with a lot of mix arounds of the new PSP series and its own mechanics as well.

So you can push your stats PAST the character max in this? If the FOney has 169 ata at max on her character, that's now considered the base, and you're able to push it past with mats and units/mag? Not sure if i'm following or if that's how it works now, as it used to be a character had a max that could not be surpassed even with units and items.

Anyway, i suppose this is helpful. I'm really tempted to make a lot of different characters to try them out more, but with the three character slots, and the time as well haha. The HUcast seems pretty cool so far, but i still don't see why the rangers are frowned upon so much. The RAcast and RAcaseal seem pretty boss to me,just a bit less powerful.

Also, thanks for all the helpful info BLB. I'm looking up as much as i can, but some of it is just...well it's hard to look up what you're not sure you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    PSZ's Jellen also decreases enemy ATA.
    Oh crazy, didnt know that

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

If you plan on using a RAcast, then you will want alot of ATA to be able to hit as much as possible. IF you got HUcast, then ATA isnt as important. You want to focus more on ATP so that when you do hit, you do alot more damage. but you still want to have some ATA.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

Okay so i went ahead and tried out a few things and i'm wondering if the late game rare sabers/daggers will be able to do enough damage with a FOney? She does A LOT more damage with rods and wands, but her ATA is quite terrible...but not un-usable.

Would a FOmar have enough boost in ATP over the FOney (also the extra 20 mats) to give those sabers and such a good use? I see that a FOney has a lot of power with techs and such, but slicers don't hit, and she has to wait till later to do anything. A FOmar seems like he would be able to use those low tier melee weapons to get the class going.

there is no max stats like there are in PSO
    PSZ:friend code is 0775 6033 7984(wifi not working)
    lvl 78 racast stealth. lvl 79 fonewearl crystal. lvl 49 humarl ruby

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

If you are using a FO, i would focus more on MST than anything else. With techniques, it really doesn't matter your ATA to much, and you can still do alot of damage, more so than with rods and wands in melee. If you want to have a backup for when you run out of PP, then kind of balance out your last mats with ATA and MST. Then if you still think that you aren't doing enough damage, just use shifta. FO's in my opinion are the hardest to master, but once you have their pattern down, they are actually quite easy. Especially i their higher levels when they can easily out-DPS even the best built HUcast. (although FO's dont have the survivability that HUcasts do )
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com