Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zio The Black Magician stewertman's Avatar

Question Favorite Monster From I, II, & IV

What is you favorite monster from Phantasy Star I, II, & IV? Mine is that very big Sandworm (I forgot the name of it) Because after tons of pain, you get tons of experience points.
    Zio, The Black Magician.

i have to say the amoebas from ps2, and hit tails, i just like the sounds they make

Forever protecting Gurhal Deco_Bryl's Avatar

This took me over a week to think about. I'd say my favorite is the head rot from Phantasy Star II. Take two previously seen biomonsters and fuse them together to form something a thousand times more horrifying. I mean, for cryin' out loud, it opens its head to attack you with its brain. It's cool and scary at the same time. I'm shaking inside just thinking about it.

I would have to say the Locusta from PS IV. (Precursors to the Grass Assassins)

Forever protecting Gurhal Deco_Bryl's Avatar

Hahahahaha, Zio a monster?! That's so obvious, I can't believe I never thought of it!!! XD XD XD

I always liked the Werebats and vampires from PS1 because they looked liked the guy with the trench coat looking to expose themselves to you and your party. Except they were bats built like humans. Greats times ^_^

Fishman from PS1 (always got too close to the coast then....noooo 5 of them!)

Whistle from PS2 (well it was the most infamous when there were 4 of them and their agility stat were higher than yours so you had to just sit there and watch teir slow attack...)

In PS3 There was a kunoichi type female enemy that had a portion of her butt showing and back then that was kinda unusual...

In PS4 i would have to go with Hackenleft and Bladeright because you knew if you didn't take em' down they would do their fusion.
    Im really not that dangerous...

Oddly enough, my favorite common enemy is probably the Dezorian you find in those darn dungeons in PS I. I just always found it hilarious that they were wandering around lying to you in these hellish environs and even fighting you on top of that, with their amazing hats and awesome fashion sense!

But yeah, if Zio counts, he's definitely my favorite, although pretty much all the major bosses are awesome, like Dark Falz, Lassic, and Mother Brain.

Although, come to think of it, I really liked the E. FARMER's from PS I, too. I guess the fact that the enemies in that game were represented by a single sprite made them more impressive or memorable or something.

PSI - "Nessie" I like the reference to Loch Ness monster???

PSII - "Blastoid" After the Blasters (2nd version) ended me a couple times (early game in Nido) where your chars are weaker: The first time I found the 3rd versions in Climatrol - I figured I needed to blitz one with everything I had. When I killed it, the next one reproduced. I thought: "Oh no! This is BS!!" Then the third one hit me for 2pts of damage - lol! Also the exp and meseta for repeatedly allowing reproduction!

(Also Python) -- You just knew that big lump of #%$* coming up the tube was going to be bad for you!

PSIII - "Gnasher" Gotta respect anything that drops you in one shot with its normal attack every time!

PSIV - "Prophellius" (sp?) Not sure what to make of it. I guess it was a sub-boss of sort that could pop up in final dungeon. This game had so many cool enemies.