Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Eve online-like market?

man i wish pso2 would have a 'craft' system like eve online, as in everyitem is either dropped or made by players....no NPC vendors (tho have NPCs sell items that players made)

everything from monomates to scapedolls, room decorations (if it is in pso2)

thoughts?

Ehhh...maybe. Dunno, it's not really the sort of thing that fits, and while PSU did try a crating system, it sucked something hard. This isn't to say that I wouldn't want to see a crafting system in PSO2, though I would say that the simple drop system of a lootfest RPG worked much better than the bullshit that was PSU.

Also, EVE is kind of a weird game to comapre to-ZZZZZZZzzzzzz........
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Yuck. No.

Get rid of crafting entirely. Stick to exchange missions for turning materials into weapons.

Having to buy small things like monomates and scape dolls from players instead of NPCs is a terrible idea.

No thanks. PSO is about loot, loot, LOOT.

If I want crafting, there's plenty of options for that.

One of the best things about PSO (and, hell, even PSU) is that advancing is 100% based on hacking monsters into tiny bits.
    Coming Soon!

Yeah. Honestly, I have always felt that that the very Meseta-driven player-based economy was one of the worst changes made in PSU.

I would very greatly prefer an economy like that of PSO, where Meseta was essentially worthless, and you bartered for rares instead of just buying them.

I thought the economy change was one of the few things PSU did right, or at least would have had it not gotten buttplowed by cheaters right off the bat.

Maybe it is just me, but I felt that being able to grind White Beast to get enough Meseta to purchase anything really cheapened the entire experience, and was a major contributing factor to why people would only run one or two missions. The terrible drop charts is the other half of that equation.

I really prefer hunting rares to grinding for Meseta. Can't find the weapon you want? Hunt something equivalently rare and then look for someone willing to trade. Much more rewarding than buying it with Meseta, in my eyes.

Though I agree with you that hunting is by far a more enriching and rewarding experience, I still think that there should be an economy driven by some sort of currency. PSO's currency was Photon Drops which were used to purchase rare items but normally wouldn't get extremely rare items on their own. Items in PSU were never really that rare or hard to get so it's really hard to compare the drops from it with PSO's ridiculous drops. I still feel like some useful sort of rare items should fully be within the grasp of casual players should they grind up enough cash, while the super rare items would mainly trade for other items of value with cash as a sweetener. I think I'm having trouble explaining the way this felt on PSO, meh. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

No, I understand what you are saying, and I don't really have any issue with buying lower-end rares for Meseta, just the really high-end stuff.

Anyway, I think part of my problem with this comes from the fact that, unless you were going to do time attack runs, there was really very, VERY little benefit in using extremely rare/expensive weaponry compared to lower-end, much more easily obtained weapons. This is also the reason that I cannot help but laugh when I see people freaking out over how many billions of Meseta they have to spend on a 10/10 Spread Needle, when really a 0/10 Shigga Baret works just as well.

I would prefer that rare items in PSO2 drop already made with random variances in stats, like in PSO. However, I'm not opposed to having a crafting system, as long it isn't as frustrating as PSU's was. Here's how I'd do it:

- Instead of having to obtain a board for every time you want to make something, you could find a recipe for each item ONCE, or possibly reverse-engineer an item (at the cost of destroying the item) to break it down into the components that make it, with varying success depending on some sort of skill level. Essentially, if you have a recipe for an item, or reverse-engineered it to the point where you know what it is composed of, you can make as many copies of it as you want, provided you have the materials. Likewise, if you're in need of synthing materials, you can break down old items you don't need anymore.

- The success rate at which you synth items would not be based on buying tons of items and feeding a PM like in PSU; instead, you would simply attempt a synthesis, and regardless of whether or not it worked, you would gain proficiency with synthing that particular kind of item. So, the more sabers you synth, the better you get at making them, etc. Start out by synthing low-rank weapons, and you can eventually get to where you can make your own S ranks... provided you have the necessary materials and recipes!

- Depending on your synthesis proficiency levels, different things will happen when making particular items. For example, if your synthesis proficiency with sabers is say, Lv. 10, you would be able to make most low-rank sabers with no chance of failure. However, attempting to make a mid-rank saber would probably give you around a 50-50 chance of success, and an S rank saber would be nearly impossible. Also, the item might come out with positive or negative attributes, or turn into something completely different.

- Certain modifications to a weapon could be made to a weapon during or after synthesis. You could dump any amount of elemental photons into it to influence its elemental %, or perhaps its special ability, for example. Grinding could also be done in a similar manner.

Other than that, meseta REALLY needs to hold some sort of value, instead of being flooded into the market. In my opinion, you should NEVER see anyone with stacks of money unless they've played the game for years and sold off a ton of items.... or they're hacking. =x
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Apr 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone