Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow On the way to "Extend Code ∞": More Synthesizing Infinity Missions

I've gradually been getting more adept at synthesizing missions and how it generally works. Since Extend Codes are in great abundance now (With at least six being given to players freely for just playing two specific missions) I decided to at least try to shoot for getting all the Planetary Treasure to get the elusive Extend Code ∞.

I've done most of my Infinity Mission Synthesizing already and have got the Missions available to go pick up the planet treasures, all that's left is to actually do the missions.

(On a side note, if anyone plans to take up Infinity Mission synthesis, this spreadsheet might lend you a hand if your Japanese isn't that strong.)

However, something I never quite got the hang of and was hoping was there anyone who could explain it a bit further...

In this picture, I'm aware of the fact that in order to get the Gold planetary treasure, I have to clear an Infinity Mission that:

· Is Rank A Difficulty or Higher.
    · Has the Raffon Relics Site as the designated area.
    · Has the Special Effect: Armor: (Random Element) Armor is at least 50% likely or higher to drop.

The lowest that the "Armor Percentage" special effect starts off is at 50%. I still haven't gotten the hang of how to boost special effects percentages higher through synthesis. I heard something to the effect that it's dependent on the level of the Infinity Missions you're synthesizing. That is to say, if a Mission is too low in level, the percentages (applied to special effects) will NOT boost on the next synthesis--and that you have to synth high-level missions with each other for it to work.

In other words:

Lv. 3 Mission, EXP Rate +20% Special Effect + Lv. 5 Mission, EXP Rate +20% Special Effect = Lv. 4 Mission, EXP Rate +20% Special Effect

(Instead of the desired EXP Rate 50% or so.)

I would like to confirm the fact of whether or not that's true and how I might go about increasing percentages so I can get that last planetary treasure. I'd be most grateful. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; Apr 9, 2011 at 02:05 AM.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    I've gradually been getting more adept at synthesizing missions and how it generally works. Since Extend Codes are in great abundance now (With at least six being given to players freely for just playing two specific missions) I decided to at least try to shoot for getting all the Planetary Treasure to get the elusive Extend Code ∞.

I've done most of my Infinity Mission Synthesizing already and have got the Missions available to go pick up the planet treasures, all that's left is to actually do the missions.

(On a side note, if anyone plans to take up Infinity Mission synthesis, this spreadsheet might lend you a hand if your Japanese isn't that strong.)

However, something I never quite got the hang of and was hoping was there anyone who could explain it a bit further...

In this picture, I'm aware of the fact that in order to get the Gold planetary treasure, I have to clear an Infinity Mission that:

· Is Rank A Difficulty or Higher.
    · Has the Raffon Relics Site as the designated area.
    · Has the Special Effect: Armor: (Random Element) Armor is at least 50% likely or higher to drop.

The lowest that the "Armor Percentage" special effect starts off is at 50%. I still haven't gotten the hang of how to boost special effects percentages higher through synthesis. I heard something to the effect that it's dependent on the level of the Infinity Missions you're synthesizing. That is to say, if a Mission is too low in level, the percentages (applied to special effects) will NOT boost on the next synthesis--and that you have to synth high-level missions with each other for it to work.

In other words:

Lv. 3 Mission, EXP Rate +20% Special Effect + Lv. 5 Mission, EXP Rate +20% Special Effect = Lv. 4 Mission, EXP Rate +20% Special Effect

I would like to confirm the fact of whether or not that's true and how I might go about increasing percentages so I can get that last planetary treasure. I'd be most grateful. Thank you in advance!
    So how do you get extend codes? and did you write the guide for the original on GameFAQ's? OH and I recomend mixing two really high inifinty missions and mixing the results together. To create a mutant mission that is really extreme. I still haven't done a level 3 (and completed it) one a I made with one I mixed and a basic mission Oh and you do intend to go for the platinum one right? Just attempted my mutant again the Stateria and synths got me in sector 1.
    Last edited by joshboyd1209; Apr 9, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

In other words:

It is not true that its based on level. It is based on a hidden stat, which makes boosting bonuses very difficult. Essentially you would have to gather a lot of missions with the bonus you need and try different combination until you get the increase in bonus. What makes this even worse, is that I previously thought the order of these missions didn't matter, whether they were base or plus slots, the result would be the same for the bonus. In fact it CAN matter, as I couldn't get an increase bonus on a mission without having to do a boss I hated (the crab) in one instance.

Quote Originally Posted by joshboyd1209 View Post
    So how do you get extend codes? and did you write the guide for the original on GameFAQ's? OH and I recomend mixing two really high inifinty missions and mixing the results together. To create a mutant mission that is really extreme. I still haven't done a level 3 (and completed it) one a I made with one I mixed and a basic mission Oh and you do intend to go for the platinum one right? Just attempted my mutant again the Stateria and synths got me in sector 1.
    There are Missions (the exchange missions) that give away Mission Codes for free. Yes, I'm the same DeviFoxx from GameFAQs. I already synthesized a Mission to get the Platinum planetary treasure (see screenshot above). The only one I'm missing is Gold now. I have everything but gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Koiwai_Keiji View Post
    It is not true that its based on level. It is based on a hidden stat, which makes boosting bonuses very difficult. Essentially you would have to gather a lot of missions with the bonus you need and try different combination until you get the increase in bonus. What makes this even worse, is that I previously thought the order of these missions didn't matter, whether they were base or plus slots, the result would be the same for the bonus. In fact it CAN matter, as I couldn't get an increase bonus on a mission without having to do a boss I hated (the crab) in one instance.
    So THAT'S that "Hidden Stat" stuff that Sakai was talking about...?

Ugh... Somehow I have a feeling that this is going to be an ordeal and a half, just trying to synthesize these missions.

So there's just a lot of trial-and-error work involved? Thanks for clearing things up about the Mission Level by the way.

Anything else you (or anyone else) suggest?
    Last edited by Mike; Apr 9, 2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Double post

There are Missions (the exchange missions) that give away Mission Codes for free. Yes, I'm the same DeviFoxx from GameFAQs. I already synthesized a Mission to get the Platinum planetary treasure (see screenshot above). The only one I'm missing is Gold now. I have everything but gold.
    Thanks for writing the PSP2 guide. I'm still working on getting the perfect ending, but I wouldn't be any where close without it. I think the stats Sakai was talking about are on the second page that you can view while in the list any list for that matter just hit R before pressing circle once.
    Last edited by Mike; Apr 9, 2011 at 09:14 PM.

I think the stats Sakai was talking about are on the second page that you can view while in the list any list for that matter just hit R before pressing circle once.
    No, he wasn't. Those aren't hidden. Each mission has hidden stats that players can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    No, he wasn't. Those aren't hidden. Each mission has hidden stats that players can't see.
    Which makes things all the more annoying.

I forget, though. Did Sakai mention at any point that he'd reveal what that "Hidden Stat" was eventually?

... (1 day later)

I still don't know what the "Hidden Stat" is (and no one will find out most likely until Sakai or Terada reveals the secret), but at least I did successfully synthesize the Infinity Mission I need for my Gold Planetary Treasure.

I managed to make a Mission with the percentage boosted for Likelihood of EARTH Element Armor Dropping from 25% to 50%, in the area "Raffon Relics Site".

So now all I have to do is clear the missions for Gold and Platinum to get that Extend Code ∞ ... and hope the planetary treasure drops.

Question is... What would I even use the Code on...?
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; Apr 10, 2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Success at Synthesis

Question is... What would I even use the Code on...?
    Whichever weapon you like more than any other weapon. Also all you have to do to get another Infinity code is replay those missions and do the trade mission.
    Last edited by joshboyd1209; Apr 11, 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Arrow Well, to explain further...

Whichever weapon you like more than any other weapon. Also all you have to do to get another Infinity code is replay those missions and do the trade mission.
    That was something of a rhetorical question... lol ... If anything, I'm saving it for when I get a 16 ★ Weapon like an Axe or Twin Saber. Something EXTRAORDINARILY rare. It took a lot of effort to get this Extend Code ∞, so I'm not going to apply it to "just anything".

But in any event, no, that's not the case. Just doing the same missions over and over again would be far too easy, now wouldn't it? And it wouldn't give players incentive to keep doing different Infinity Missions.

Notice, I've collected all the planetary treasures. All needing different requirements to obtain them.

After doing the exchange mission with Kunoh, I finally get my Extend Code ∞, plus an additional 20 Fusion Codes.

Once you've spent your Planetary Treasures in the exchange mission... Notice:

The requirements for Planetary Treasures now require different Infinity Missions. My old Missions are now worthless--unless someone has the same requirements as any of my old missions, I could just simply give them my old ones.

In the long run, I guess I could see myself getting 6 Extend Code ∞'s total. One for each weapon on my Palette. But I still have a ways to go...

Which makes things all the more annoying.

I forget, though. Did Sakai mention at any point that he'd reveal what that "Hidden Stat" was eventually?
    The only hidden stat known at the moment is the 'size modifier' which affects the code level and how likely small/large enemies are to spawn.