Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Infinity extend is also not worth it on high tier weapons 14-16* it's basically useless in my honest opinion, lol.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

You might be right I extended my Flourescent Lightbulb(in PSP2)with an extend code and it is awesome I also added DRAIN to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn<3 View Post
    Infinity extend is also not worth it on high tier weapons 14-16* it's basically useless in my honest opinion, lol.
    Anyone care to elaborate on said opinion? Just out of curiosity.

I think Wynn is referring to the fact that an Infinity Extend Code used on a 14 - 16* weapons barely increases its stats at all, but in return will still increase the required level needed to use it, and only gives you the option to change the special effect.

Personally, I think the code should have lowered the required levels instead of raising it. That would have been a very good reason to make use of the code and a way to differentiate it from the original Extend Codes.

Some of the 16 star weapons will get a nice boost from completely extending them. The Dios Desperta, for example, goes from 580/359 to 705/434. The Diabolic Cross goes from 465/220 to 745/420. And even when you get less than 100 points in total for the complete extending sequence, "useless" is far from accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Some of the 16 star weapons will get a nice boost from completely extending them. The Dios Desperta, for example, goes from 580/359 to 705/434. The Diabolic Cross goes from 465/220 to 745/420. And even when you get less than 100 points in total for the complete extending sequence, "useless" is far from accurate.
    ↑ This

Thank you, Mike. This is what I was looking for. Incentive to keep going further in collecting Extend Code ∞'s.

I'm already about halfway to my 2nd one. They're actually not that hard to get. Time-consuming, yes. But not difficult at all.

The wiki has charts of data on both types of extend codes so if you're interested in conserving codes, you can use them to check before you extend.

Talking 手伝ってありがとう、Mikeさん!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The wiki has charts of data on both types of extend codes so if you're interested in conserving codes, you can use them to check before you extend.
    Hmm. I had visited that Wiki before--but it was mostly to review information about synthesizing Infinity Mission Codes. I remember the Wiki being underdeveloped in places. I didn't think they made it this far by documenting the total stats given out on weapons when both types of Extend Codes are applied.

Once again, Mike. You're awesome. You've just saved me a whole lot of time.

手伝ってありがとう、Mikeさん!

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

And when you've gotten all you can the Infinity codes you can get just do it all over on a new character and put them in Shared Storage dump character and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by joshboyd1209 View Post
    And when you've gotten all you can the Infinity codes you can get just do it all over on a new character and put them in Shared Storage dump character and repeat.
    Huh...? What are you talking about?

You don't have to make a new character to get more Extend Codes, or Extend Code Infinities.

There's plenty of ways to get Extend Codes now (Challenge Missions, Exchange Missions, collecting "Extend Code Fragments" to make one "Extend Code", Rebirthing your Character, Events, etc.)

And there's no limit to how many Extend Code Infinities you can get, either. Just as long as you keep doing Infinity Missions and synthesizing the right ones to collect all the planetary treasures, it never ends.

The game even awards you with Extend Code Infinities in achievements. Once for getting your Job to Lv. 40 and again at Lv. 50... Each per job you level up. So that's a total of 8 you can get right there--two for each of the four jobs--outside of doing Infinity Missions.

I had mentioned in a previous post that I just "wanted" 6. Not that I was limited to "only getting" 6.
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; Apr 13, 2011 at 07:22 PM.