Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Default This looks more like PSU2 tbh...

Ok, looking at the vid and screenshots, this is clearly more PSU2 or possibly PSU x pso... but no PSO2

-Character animations like walking / running look ripped straight out of PSU aswell as the character design (even though the hand-drawn chars on intro do seem reminiscent of PSO).
    -No mags ...yet? 1 toon looks like he might have a section ID but that's about it... can't see any others.
    -Combat still appears to be like PSU system... no sign of timing attacks to execute full combo...
    -PP is still here, what happened to TP? I guess no show of Force character cause it would give it away too quickly...
    -Combat reticule is definately from PSU aswell as autolock-on...
    -Level design does seem like a step back in the right direction

PSP or PSP2(i) worked ok for the PSP, but if SEGA ported PSO on PSP it would be the instant best-seller !
    If you're gonna make PSU2, don't call it PSO2... or at least have some decency to admit it...

Tips for a good sequel : take the original and make it bigger/better/prettier etc... not strip/dumb it down or try re-inventing the wheel badly... psu flopped for a reason

Example of good sequels :
    -Streets of rage 1 & 2
    -Shenmue 1 & 2
    -Panzer Dragoon 1,2 and Orta (Saga is in another league)
    -Virtua Fighter 1,2,3,4 and Evo
    -Diablo 1&2
    -Warcaft 1,2,3

Ok think i vented enough for now...

Oh and the music in the vid sounds more like pso mixed with ALOT of Panzer Dragoon... as well as the enemy design at the end of vid...LOL.

I'm still hoping this 'psu2' will be good... maybe they got the formula better, but for now it still looks like PSU crossed with more pso than the portable psp2(i)... but certainly not a true PSO sequel...

(p.s: maybe get Platinum Games to make the real sequel )

Platinum games made Mad world and Bayonetta.Both were good games,vanquish was a tad to metal gear solid with explosions and fast pace gunning...plus future

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Some people are still on about the nostalgia crap? Stop living in 2001, please. PSO2 looks great. The majority of PSO and PSU fans here have already agreed on this.

Ok, you saw one alpha video kid...chill.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

/facepalm @ even your screen name

Otherwise...

What OLAF said.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I want to know how you think PSU flopped?

Looks more like a PSO/Strike Raid imo, but who cares as long as it's good.

When I first saw pictures, I thought it was a hybrid (and it really is). It has the look of PSO but a cleaner, crisper image with slight influences of PSU. It's more PSO than PSU but the PSU bits are there.

Yeah screen name was a bad call

Not saying it's looking bad, just that it's looking more like PUS2 than PSO2...

From what I see from the Alpha video PSO2 Took the best parts of PSU and the PSP titles such as the combat system with a few adjustments and then blended it with an updated, cleaner and crisper art and visual style of PSO. In this combination resulted in a perfect balance of the PSO feel with the updated combat of PSU and the PSP titles.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*