Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Techers.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Default Techers.

I'm aware theirs probably guides here for this kind of information, but I kind of want multiple opinions on this. Taking another shot at leveling up a force/techer, and trying to find a good pallet to use. Cant decide if I'd rather carry rods, wands, combination of the two, or what...also cant decide what kind of techs are best to work with..

Anyways, any opinions or tips are helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.

A combination of the two. Duh!

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
    A combination of the two. Duh!
    Wow, nice info, jackass.

Anyways, to answer your question, you should level up all of your techs. For your palette the 3x3x3 combo works the best. (3 rods, 3 wands, and 3 rods)

Quote Originally Posted by Midori Oku View Post
    Wow, nice info.

Anyways, to answer your question, you should level up all of your techs. For your palette the 3x3x3 combo works the best. (3 rods, 3 wands, and 3 rods)
    Why, thank you.

Anyway, yes. Do what Midori said.

Ideally you want at least 2 good rods for Dam and Nos spells with Diga spells being the most useful generally and then Light or Fire depending on the mission. Wands your going to use situationally so healing etc and then Tech Mags are for DPS single target spells like Foie, Diga and your Ra and Gi spells.

Wow, nice info, jackass.

Since you have a title of "Super L33t" solo MF, i'll ask you. Can you go into further detail about the 3x3x3 combo?

I'm a MF too, but I use nothing but rods, the way I set my rods up is with Foie, Rafoie, Damfoie, and Gifoie. That way it can be a pure fire rod for maximum damage on ice creatures. I do the same for all the elements btw.

Wands and Tech Mags are weaker to me...So again please go into further detail. I wanna see why this is the best combo

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Since you have a title of "Super L33t" solo MF, i'll ask you. Can you go into further detail about the 3x3x3 combo?

I'm a MF too, but I use nothing but rods, the way I set my rods up is with Foie, Rafoie, Damfoie, and Gifoie. That way it can be a pure fire rod for maximum damage on ice creatures. I do the same for all the elements btw.

Wands and Tech Mags are weaker to me...So again please go into further detail. I wanna see why this is the best combo
    Tech mags have more DPS than rods with Ra-techs, Gi-techs, and linear-techs. For example, you will kill the Alterazgohg faster with a Tech-mag than you would with wand or rod. Rods have more DPS with Nos-techs and Dam-techs (until we get the Rutsularod) I just use wands for support techs like Resta, Giresta, Reverser, Rentis, and Dizas. (until we get the Motav Prophecy or the Kongora)

Tech mags have more DPS than rods with Ra-techs, Gi-techs, and linear-techs. For example, you will kill the Alterazgohg faster with a Tech-mag than you would with wand or rod. Rods have more DPS with Nos-techs and Dam-techs (until we get the Rutsularod) I just use wands for support techs like Resta, Giresta, Reverser, Rentis, and Dizas. (until we get the Motav Prophecy or the Kongora)
    Ahh so TECH mags just cast that much faster that it doesnt matter that they are weaker than a Rod. Got it.

Maybe I should try this combo out.

The only problem is that i'm so used to my setup now. It's an easy setup, you see ice monsters pull out the fire rod, you see earth bust out the lighting rod etc etc.

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Forces are my favorite class in the Phantasy Star series! I love discussing their strategies. Here are some of mine that I hope you find helpful.

STARING OUT:
    You really should start out as an Acrotecher to take advantage of their high DEF/Attack and melee/casting speed boosts. Not only this, but you get access to lv41 buffs, further aiding your fragile newman (assuming you're playing newman). The casting speed boost will make leveling and playing as a low level force a lot easier. By the time you get your attack techs to 20's you should have a sufficient character level/equipment to try out the more fragile techer classes.

In order of personal preference, I suggest the following classes and their respective palletes/strategies.

MASTERFORCE:
    In case you do not know, masterforces have the fastest casting speed in the game (even faster than acrotecher).

I generally prefer a full pallete of rods for raw power (and to cut down on the number of items needed to carry), but if you want to go this route, it would be ideal to use at least a tech mag and or wand for healing as they cast faster than rods. IF you use rods, you should really take advantage of the element % boost by grouping same elements on the same rod.

If the enemies are really tough and require fast reflexes, I'll play with all tech mags/ wands. You'll be able to support and output decent damage rapidly. A nice perk of using the tech mag/wand combo is that you'll recover about double PP over using a rod. Equip a PP regen unit like Hizze PP Generate, and the unit will apply two both equipped weapons, doubling its effect!!

Masterforces are fragile, so you shouldn't get too close range unless you've got allies who will keep the enemies occupied. Take advantage of MAsterforce's lv41 RA perk! They can target 4 enemies compared to 3.

Casting insanely fast with the mag/wand combo can give an adrenaline rush!

TECHS: ALL except buffs. Honestly, it's not worth your time casting the lv1 buffs (or even lv11 buffs after getting a customization upgrade. Just use a megistaride and you're good to go.)

ACROTECHER:
    You'll want to be sure your buffs (shifta/deband/zodial/retier/giresta) are maxed to 41 as soon as you can get them up, especially deband. You'll want to take advantage of the ACrotecher's melee speed boost. You'll want to rely on weapons rather than attack techs to deal damage. The lv30 attack tech restriction really puts a damper on tech nuking, so stick to melee unless an enemy is resistant to physical attacks or is simply weak against spells.

Whips are very powerful and have a very wide range. Also, a single handed weapon like a saber or dagger coupled with a tech mag (that has single hitting strong attacks like foie/diga) can be a lethal when dealing with single enemies.

I would suggest cards over range mags and twin handguns, simply because they are versatile and powerful.

TECHS: ALL, especially foie/Diga. Not so much RA spells, because you should be taking advantage of ACrotechers nice melee abilities. GI spells can come in handy when you're in close quarters with enemies and whips are not effective.

GUNTECHER:
    Fun support class with an arsenal of some of the best ranged weapons!

Because you don't get a speed boost to melee attacks or casting and their attack techs are limited to lv30, stick to range weaponry for dealing damage and techs for the occasional enemy with physical resistance. Take advantage of crossbows! It's a perfect combination of mobility and decent damage output!

Because guntechers can access lv40 bullets, their lv31+ rifles will be able to knockdown enemies! Take advantage of this amazing ability!

TECHS: same as Acrotecher, but even less reliance on attack spells. You really should bring foie/diga, though.

FORTETECHER
    I don't like it much, and I really wouldn't recommend it to other players either. Fortetecher lacks a speedboost that Acrotechers/Masterforces get. Also, you're limited to lv40 attack techs, depriving you of the majestic lv41 attack tech animations (and the lv41 RA spells' ability to hit 4 enemies compared to 3). Their physical attack is even worse than acrotecher, however their TP is higher than masterforce. They can also cast lv31 support spells. This class is basically a slower/more powerful version of Masterforce with some versatility on the side. Overall, I just don't find this class as entertaining as Acrotecher or MAsterforce.

If you're playing Fortetecher, use tech mags/wands, because you'll want all the casting speed you can get. Don't bother with bullets/melee. Your tech power is what shines. Use Noszonde/megid if you can't reach an aerial target.

TECHS: All

WARTECHER:
    I don't like this class at all. Basically it's strongest points are its toughness/versatility. I'll let others elaborate on strategies for playing this class, as I have spent little time playing it.

Acrotecher and Masterforce have the same speed boost.