Page 93 of 209 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103143193 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Probably running on low settings considering his resolution.

Though, of course what's seen of "higher settings" isn't much better.
    I haven't seen anything wrong with how the game looks at "higher settings", though of course there's two difficulties:

1) These videos are all low-res and low-bitrate, as far as I can tell.
    2) There's no way to know what settings any of these people are using. For all we know, nobody in the videos has been playing at max settings. Also, the alpha may not even have all the graphics settings present/usable yet.

Probably running on low settings considering his resolution.

Though, of course what's seen of "higher settings" isn't much better.
    That screenshot looks absolutely terrible. They've seriously designed the game to play on some terribad settings for accessibility. But the higher settings look considerably better than that.

That sword gave me a giggle. Not because it's a PSO throwback, but because it actually looks cool. I kind of like how each weapon has the picture in the icon. I hope the super rares are masked when they drop though for suspense lol. This game breathes PSO to me. It seems to have captured the old feeling. Im not exactly 100% sure how to tell the truth, but the game they're playing seems much closer to PSO than i honestly though it was gnna be watching the press conference. It truely feels like a sequel.

But the battle mechanics look so solid too. I cannot wait to see more from this game. I'd love to see a boss battle. And i can't imagine how Falz is gonna be haha

I could CARE LESS about PSO throwbacks (except for Tsumikiri and Elysion haha), but if they 100% copied Dark Falz or Olga Flow, i'd giggle like a fangirl in a yaoi convention...i'd love to fight Olga Flow with this battle system man, it'd be the coolest shit ever
    Last edited by Serephim; Aug 20, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    I could CARE LESS about PSO throwbacks (except for Tsumikiri and Elysion haha), but if they 100% copied Dark Falz or Olga Flow, i'd giggle like a fangirl in a yaoi convention...i'd love to fight Olga Flow with this battle system man, it'd be the coolest shit ever
    Huh! Yes... yes..yes! Do it! YES!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    Huh! Yes... yes..yes! Do it! YES!
    AGREED! XD
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by BioWarrior View Post
    It's the force video from the 18th. There IS a rod out, but foie is the only tech bound to it.
    I just went back to check, and actually, Resta was linked to the rod. So I really am starting to think that techs are only possible with a rod/wand/cane type weapon to link them to.

PSO2 Zanba.
    Remember that old saying that Helen of Troy had a face that could launch a thousand ships?

Well this is a weapon that could create a thousand Cloud Strife clones.

Bleh if they force techs to tech weapons I won't be using force. I hated PSU and PSP2 for that. Ruined the fun of forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    I just went back to check, and actually, Resta was linked to the rod. So I really am starting to think that techs are only possible with a rod/wand/cane type weapon to link them to.

Remember that old saying that Helen of Troy had a face that could launch a thousand ships?

Well this is a weapon that could create a thousand Cloud Strife clones.
    Didn't you know? Zanba was created for Cloud clones, and Tsumikiri was for the seph clones.

Difference is...well, i RARELY saw people with Zanba or Tsumikiri. But if Zanba is so common to appear in the alpha test.....

And guys, the technique casting probably isnt possible because they removed subclasses from the test. But the guy did specifically say it was possible to cast them from the 1-0 keys, which im guessing would confirm they dont need a weapon....?

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    Didn't you know? Zanba was created for Cloud clones, and Tsumikiri was for the seph clones.
    Not sure if you're being serious, but... I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy VII didn't invent absurdly oversized dai-katanas or buster swords; oversized weapons are standard anime fare. Granted, they're pretty popularly associated with those characters nowadays, but whatever. I would totally use either because they're both BA, even if they were specifically called "Cloud's Buster Sword" and "Sephiroth's Super Katana".

Besides, that weapon looks nothing like Cloud's buster sword except for it being a buster sword.
    And guys, the technique casting probably isnt possible because they removed subclasses from the test. But the guy did specifically say it was possible to cast them from the 1-0 keys, which im guessing would confirm they dont need a weapon....?
    This makes more sense than them suddenly doing an about-face, since they previously released the whole linking a tech to a FO weapon is to give it the ability to be charged.

Yeah... I guess we'll just have to see what they do with techs. They might be related to the subclasses after all.

Anyway... Now that the alpha has started, does anyone have any idea what element the green symbol in the bottom right box in this picture represents?

Spoiler!

I really do want it to be a wind element, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Anyway... Now that the alpha has started, does anyone have any idea what element the green symbol in the bottom right box in this picture represents? [...]

I really do want it to be a wind element, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
    If I had to guess I'd say poison/acid or something similar. However, a wind element would be pretty cool I have to say.