Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default What will they turn slicers into now?

Well, in PSO they were multi-hitting melee thrown weapons. In PSZ they were Force-based instead. Which do you think they'll bring back, or do you think they'll be turned into Ranger weapons this time around?
    EDIT: I mean, there is no guarantee that they'll bring them back, but....

And in PSU/P2 they were melee laser cannons.

I assume the original PSO version is impossible, just because it hit too much in too wide a range (the same reason the RA-techs from PSO will never appear that way again). But I do feel it is a safe assumption they will be back. If anything, I would say PSZ's version would be the best fit just because there is a severe lack of tech weapon choices.

I hope the staff figures out how useless slicers actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    And in PSU/P2 they were melee laser cannons.

I assume the original PSO version is impossible, just because it hit too much in too wide a range (the same reason the RA-techs from PSO will never appear that way again). But I do feel it is a safe assumption they will be back. If anything, I would say PSZ's version would be the best fit just because there is a severe lack of tech weapon choices.
    Nah, they should stay Attack based so Hunters have SOME ranged weapon to use. Forces don't need an abundance of weapons, they already have around 20 unique attacks connected to the character itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Nah, they should stay Attack based so Hunters have SOME ranged weapon to use. Forces don't need an abundance of weapons, they already have around 20 unique attacks connected to the character itself.
    Why should Hunter have any ranged option besides using a gun? I really could not find a reason to support the argument that "Hunter should have all that HP and DFP and ATP and be as safe at a distance as Ranger."

Forces can now use guns, so I don't see why Hunters would be unable to.

-Wayu

They could be used as a multi-hitting weapon instead: rather than striking multiple targets, hit one or two targets multiple times.

I believe you misinterpreted my statement I was not saying that a Hunter should not have a gun option. I was arguing that a Hunter should not have a ranged weapon specifically designed for them (i.e., slicers). I would be fine with Hunters using rifles at half the damage as a Ranger or even using slicers at half the damage of a Ranger (or Force if they go the PSZ route). I just mind Hunters having a special weapon that essentially destroys the use of Ranger.

Why would anyone choose to play Ranger if Hunter has better stats and just as much range and damage?

I believe you misinterpreted my statement I was not saying that a Hunter should not have a gun option. I was arguing that a Hunter should not have a ranged weapon specifically designed for them (i.e., slicers). I would be fine with Hunters using rifles at half the damage as a Ranger or even using slicers at half the damage of a Ranger (or Force if they go the PSZ route). I just mind Hunters having a special weapon that essentially destroys the use of Ranger.

Why would anyone choose to play Ranger if Hunter has better stats and just as much range and damage?
    Gets rid of the purpose of a Ranger....?

.......Have you EVER used a slicer in the past games?

Why should Hunter have any ranged option besides using a gun? I really could not find a reason to support the argument that "Hunter should have all that HP and DFP and ATP and be as safe at a distance as Ranger."
    Because slicers are essentially melee throwing blades.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."