Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worth my time?

The points you mentioned + what I read from the official description on Play-Asia's page are enough to prove me getting US PSP2 would be stupid. Infinity sounds exactly like what I was expecting in the first place form PSP2. I'll just beat the story on Infinity and get the translations somewhere. It's just PSO story anyway lol and I'm not using CFW.

Two little questions...

1) It's a bit late so I'm not completely sure I got you right. Are you saying it's not possible to have 2 different IDs on PSP like on PS3? That I would have to buy a 2nd PSP just to create a Japanese ID?

2) How can I buy these JAP PSN cards and will I have to buy 4 of them due to taxes?

It's not like the PS3's system at all when making accounts, you can at any time only have 1 account running on it. Anything you bought off PSN with that ID automatically becomes tagged with the name. Like for example I bought PSP2 off of US PSN, I switch over to JP PSN and I download something from there like say an add-on, it disables games and add-ons from the previous account. I can't confirm it, but after 5 activations PSN will no longer allow you to reactivate the games/movies you downloaded under that account.

Taxes were removed when I looked, and you can get them off Play-asia.
    http://www.play-asia.com/PlayStation...n-70-3xk6.html
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

That can mean only one thing : game sharing is not possible on PSP. I don't see what the problem could be? I don't mind re-activating content every times I switch account. When I looked around for game sharing info earlier it said our account was limited to 5 different PSPs. Simply downloading new add-ons from another account shouldn't block anything... that would be stupid.

Infinity is 5000 yen?

[Edit] Oh and are there many hackers on Infinity?
    Last edited by Rovelius; May 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovelius View Post

The Japanese servers are way more moderated than the US, and you can play with other importers to dodge hackers.

-

Infinity is 4500 yen in PSN. So getting the 5000yen can get you the game and have some left over for DLC

And the game sharing thing is a bit confusing to me too. I think when you try to do for another(6th) PSP. It won't let you through because you already reached the max limit of PSPs being tied to that one account. But between those five you can download to your hearts content. I don't have 6 PSP so I can't test this out to say I'm fully confident in my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovelius View Post
    While yes, there are the normal slew of the usual suspects on the Japanese infinity servers:

· Parties entitled things like: "WILL U BE MY GIRLFRIEND?", or "ONLY GIRLS ALLOWED IN THIS PARTY" made by hormonally-excited teenage boys.
    · or "GIVE ME HACKS PLEASE. I WANT TO LEVEL TO 200 IN ONE PARTY SITTING."
    · And "CAN I JOIN THE BLACK MARKET GUILD" (Japanese guild that deals in / distributes hacks, apparently)

It's nowhere near as bad and rampant as the PSP2 US servers. The Infinity servers are actually policed and moderated on a regular basis, and SEGA does actively ban hackers. Hackers still exist, but SEGA does actually care about what happens to its Japanese community.

And don't worry about the language barrier with Japanese players. Most Japanese players don't care that you can't speak Japanese anyway, typically responding with the phrase:

気にしないで Ki ni shinai de ("Don't worry about it.")

A lot of them have a basic understanding of English anyway. One person asked me in a lobby:

"ayu fron アメリカ?" ("Are you from America?")

They don't mind if you play with them, really. It's kind of a unique experience to them, I'd imagine. SEGA keeps a lot of its online communities culturally segregated, so it's kind of rare for a Japanese person to see a foreigner make it so far as to infiltrate one of their online games. Most Japanese in Infinity, I find, tend to be more "impressed" that you're there, more than anything.
    Last edited by DeviFoxx; May 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM.

Although I'm still not confident about my reply about activating it 5 times or having the game on 5 different PSP's, after seeing this thread in tech support worries me; http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186275

Anyway there is a large number of english speaking players, but unfortunately the people I run into are people that ask for girls only. My luck in this game playing as a female newman was never that great.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

This game = PSU without all the BS. So yes, it is worth your time.

I love it. Don't ask my why it took me to long to play this game but I've been playing it for the past month (basically since PSN went down) and it has been great. I haven't even gone online yet and I don't know if I ever will but man, I'm having a blast with this.

Thank the heavens for Alfa System. It is like they actually took the time to play Phantasy Star Online before they made this. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Sonic Team w/ regards to PSU. They basically took the best of everything and put it in this game.