Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default More than just fighting?

If there was one thing I hated about PSO/PSU (in between many things I loved) was the lack of variety in stuff to do. While the combat is fun, it would have been nice to have more to do.

Such as Puzzles in quests, more Vehicle sections like from PSU, and little things just to make it seem more then. Fight, get new weapon, fight, rinse and repeat.

Maybe its just me.

What do you guys think?

Combat's the main thing to do in the PS series.

If there IS a mini-game type thing, I'm betting on some kind of puzzle platforming, with the jumping and sprinting and all. Races?

-Wayu

MAG farming broke the monotony for many.

It's just you.

Phantasy Star is a dungeon crawler. Fighting for loot sums that up quite well.

Then there was battle mode, to fight each other, and challenge mode, to fight as a team against time.

The one thing I can think of that can work as a mini-game is a shooting gallery. Ranger's new TFS gameplay would benefit in this.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    MAG farming broke the monotony for many.
    I probably cannot speak for Mag farmers everywhere, but I can say that Mag farming made repetitive mindless combat seem fun in comparison. That is why any farmer could make so much money off it. The only part of Mag farming that was mildly fun was the conversation with the three other farmers in the party, but it is easy to add conversation to any game.

Onto the main topic, I would not recommend doing much more than just fighting in a game that is marketed to players that enjoyed all the past just fighting games. If they were to add puzzles and such, I would not do much different than challenge mode and the group quests in the previous games. (E.g., just fight along a directed path given certain clues.)

They could always bring back Chu-Chu Soccer.
    Tax the fucking churches.

^

Whuzzat.

-Wayu

There were several lobbies in the old PSO servers that has soccer fields. the soccer balls were huge models of the characters from chu chu rocket and had different visual effects when you scored a goal. But you basically played soccer in the lobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    ^

Whuzzat.

-Wayu
    AKA Go Go Ball
    Tax the fucking churches.