Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Default Digital distribution vs. Disc manufacturing

How do you think that PSO2 could be or will be distributed, if it reaches the US and EU? Do you think that they will have it available for download from their site, or purchasable on their site? Will they have it available for purchase and download through other means, such as Steam? Or are they going to use mostly DVD-ROMS for their games?

Personally, I'd at least like to be able to use the Steam overlay for PSO2, just because of the community tools, as well as the easy screenshot feature. I think they could probably even go through Steam for distribution, if we have to pay for a download. However, discs would be a great choice as well, because then people can sacrifice a bit of money to get their game now, rather than waiting for it to download.

It's very likely that both of these will happen to some extent, but which way would be most efficient? And how much more likely are Sega to do a certain type of distribution?

Steam would be awesome, actually. But who knows.

I will not even speculate until I hear if there is even an offline mode.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

No matter how I look at it, downloading is the most convenient and makes free trial modes less annoying. Then theres the likely assumption this whole thing will probably play out like PSO:BB.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I'm hoping for digital distribution if there's going to be a monthly fee. Didn't PSOBB give the download for free? I could live with a monthly fee if the game itself is free.

Quote Originally Posted by GameKyuubi View Post
    I'm hoping for digital distribution if there's going to be a monthly fee. Didn't PSOBB give the download for free? I could live with a monthly fee if the game itself is free.
    I could live and love a box cost AND a $15 monthly fee. Yes, $15.

In my opinion, both ways would be better, having it on retail would be good for those with limited internet connections (that is, those with a strict download cap), and having it on digital distribution would be good in case there's not enough discs on stores, or after some years after the release of PSO2, it'll be good to have a digital option, since the availability of retail versions of the game will most likely be scarse.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

If PSO2 is made available through Steam, I will shit my pants with happiness.

That's my stance on the matter.

I'd also like to see it on Steam, but I really don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    I'd also like to see it on Steam, but I really don't see it happening.
    It could happen, in the last few years more SEGA games that come for the PC appeared on Steam.
    It started with the Total War series, then came Virtua Tennis 09, Aliens vs Predators, Football Manager series, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing, Alpha Protocol, Mega Drive/Genesis Classics, and now also Dreamcast classics.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom