Page 27 of 197 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast

I'd also like to note that the question "how many years will it last" isn't really a valid one.

Computers aren't like a carton of eggs where they just "go bad" after a certain amount of time. How long a computer "lasts" is a function of the needs of the user. If all you ever want to do is go on the internet and play PSO then even a run of the mill computer will last for 6+ years as long a you perform the necessary maintenance. If suddenly you decide to become "hardc0re PC gamer" and want to run Crysis 3 in WTF mode then even the best computer you can get is gonna feel "dated" to you in about 1.5 - 2 years.

When I had to sell PCs, "so how long before I need to upgrade," was probably the question that made me cringe the most.

default answer is 3 years. computers tend to run on a cycle of planned obsolescence and if you follow that path of expanding your needs as you use the computer, this is probably accurate. in cases where you only have one use and never go beyond that, then 6+ years is entirely realistic. When -i- sold computers, this is exactly when I told my customers
    Last edited by Niloklives; Jul 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Im sorry if somebody asked this already but i tried to go through the whole thread and it was hella long. Do you think you could like make a list of a few labtops that would probably work for pso2?

I link to a laptop on the first page in my laptops section that will do very well for gaming. If you give me a budget, I can maybe look at another one for you. I want to remind you however that I dont recommend laptops for gaming only because they are not upgradable - meaning if PSO2 gets a graphics bump in a few years you may need a whole new laptop, and they price to performance ratio isn't as good as desktops. basically you're paying a lot of extra money for the portability.

I would say look for a AMD Laptop rather Intel processors

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

uh...why?

Most Intel laptops in the range of $300-$600 have Intel HD graphics 3000, while the $600 laptop I have has a Discreet Graphics card that can Play Star Craft 2 on med settings with 50+ FPS. So I would say AMD for now..unless you have $800+

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

you're missing the point. no laptop in that price range will play pso2 and you dont ever aim low on laptops for gaming since any graphics bump or any increased demands will easily result in you needing a brand new machine
    Last edited by Niloklives; Jul 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM.

I highly doubt it will buff up graphics. Plus the machine I got will handle it at the very least

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

That's fine, but it's not something i would suggest to others