View Poll Results: How long do you think it'll take for PSO2 to release in the US

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 Years

19 82.61%
  • 2-3 Years

3 13.04%
  • 3-4 Years

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your estimated release date?

Considering the game isn't even in alpha testing in Japan, I would say 2-3 years for the US unfortunately -_-

I've never played a Phantasy Star game, but I'm dying to play this game
    Last edited by NewWave; May 14, 2011 at 11:56 AM.

Just keep in mind when you're dealing with MMO-type online games like this, not everything has to be released right up front. Plenty of stuff and access to other areas can get added in later. It was harder previously because of having to need everything on disk due to PS2 console release, but if they go PC only this time that should no longer be an issue.

I'm not really going to suggest any specific times because that's largely in part up to the developer and I don't know current trends in release schedules. I doubt it would take longer than 2 years though unless some very serious snags were hit. I will say I'd rather deal with a delay and have more things worked out, as opposed to it getting launched early or rushed out, resulting in a botched job that causes us grief.
    Last edited by Sord; May 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Less than 1 year. >.>

EDIT:
    Just gonna post what I have in the stickied thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    VII. GAME DEVELOPMENT:
    • Development of PSO2 has been running alongside PSP2 Infinity, so the game is further along in development than some people likely think
    • The game is currently slated for a release in 2011
    Last edited by •Col•; May 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    Just keep in mind when you're dealing with MMO-type online games like this, not everything has to be released right up front. Plenty of stuff and access to other areas can get added in later. I'm not really going to suggest any times because that's largely in part up to the developer and I don't know current trends in release schedules. However I will say I'd rather deal with a delay and have more things worked out rather than it getting launched early or rushed out, resulting in a botched job that causes us grief.
    I wouldn't want the game to be rushed out either, usually comes with a lot of negatives that just ruin the game. I hope they don't rush anything they decide to release or half-ass some things ;;

Colaya- That would be for the Japanese release right?
    Last edited by NewWave; May 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewWave View Post
    Considering there hasn't even been an announcement for a NA/EU release.... Yes.

A lot of us are crossing our fingers for a global release, and Sega has been hinting at it, though as far as I know there isn't any direct "YES, IT IS A TRUE GLOBAL RELEASE." If it is though it should be released everywhere simultaneously. If it's not though, that'll suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Considering there hasn't even been an announcement for a NA/EU release.... Yes.
    Haha I don't think I'd survive if I have to play on the Jp servers

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    A lot of us are crossing our fingers for a global release, and Sega has been hinting at it, though as far as I know there isn't any direct "YES, IT IS A TRUE GLOBAL RELEASE." If it is though it should be released everywhere simultaneously. If it's not though, that'll suck.
    Oh that sounds really nice but then again I haven't seen many mmo's release simultaneously for all regions

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Hasn't PSO2 already been in development for quite awhile? And isn't the current release slated for 2011?

I doubt it's gonna be much more than a year, if even.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Haha I don't think I'd survive if I have to play on the Jp servers

Oh that sounds really nice but then again I haven't seen many mmo's release simultaneously for all regions
    What will probably happen if it's a global release is the same thing they did with PSO. They just let you select your language and you could play completely with anyone from anywhere around the world while still having the game in english(and if we're really fortunate they'll put in an automatic translator ). So if that's the case there won't be any country specific servers(NA, JP, EU servers ).

Quote Originally Posted by joshboyd1209 View Post
    What will probably happen if it's a global release is the same thing they did with PSO. They just let you select your language and you could play completely with anyone from anywhere around the world while still having the game in english(and if we're really fortunate they'll put in an automatic translator ). So if that's the case there won't be any country specific servers(NA, JP, EU servers ).
    Ah I see I've never seen it done like that, but that sounds like a great option

^Since that's for private servers I guess, I guess we will be waiting forever for PSO2.......I don't really see them running PSU and PSO2 at the same time
    Last edited by NewWave; May 14, 2011 at 04:04 PM.